ive been invited

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penguin

Reaction score
to enter some bottles into a brewing competition. dont know if i should however as all my brews have been from AHBS kits.

1st Annual Monster Homebrew Competition

1st Annual Dig Pub

"Monster" Homebrew Competition

November 1, 2008

What kinds of bottles are accepted? Every bottle must be 10 to 25 ounces in volume and be free of paper labels. Obscure any lettering or graphics on the cap with a permanent black marker. Corked bottles are acceptable; however, you must crimp a crown cap over the cork.

How many bottles do I need? Send two 10 to 25 ounce bottles for each beer entry in this competition. Enter as many beers as you'd like.

What are the entry fees? Entry fees are $5.00 per entry.

When are the entry deadlines? All entries must be received between October 20 and October 27, 2008.

How do I enter?

Drop off your entries, with completed application for each beer entered at The Dig Pub during posted business hours.

Mail entries to the following address:

The Dig Pub

401 Cypress Creek Rd

Suite 600

Cedar Park, TX 78613

That competition is for very big beers that have a starting gravity of 1.0666 or higher.

Do you have any Imperial style beers to enter?

ive got a barley wine 1.095 SG i could send in it will be a month early from when its intended to be opened but its still probably pretty tasty either way.

Send the Barleywine. The feedback will be good for you. I'm going to send in my Imperial Stout as it started at 1.085.

just because you got a pre-fab set of ingredients, you still gotta brew it right...so its still worth submitting to a competition to get feedback from unbiased judges (since friends and family are usually biased in your favor and won't give you 'honest' feedback out of fear of wounding your ego).

Back