10-12 gallon resealable container for wort transport

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, might end up moving and ending up in an apartment. If so I will have to move my brewing tower over to a buddy's back yard. I don't want to leave any fermenting carboys at his house because, to be honest, it's a mold fest in there. (real old house and I have no idea why he insists on living there).

So... I need a sealable 12g plastic food grade container (or SS) for transporting wort to my apartment so I can ferment at home.

Any Ideas? I've seen the 10g SS cornies. I can get one for $80, but I don't know if they hold enough and that's pretty expensive.

I usually brew a tad over 10g (close to 11g) and it woud be nice to have the head space for fermenting in necessary.

I hope you are a body builder, cause moving 12 gallons of wort is a royal pain. I know just from trying to handle a 1/2 barrel keg.

I'd move it in two sanitized cornies or two better bottles with carboy caps with the two white caps. The cornies will be the safest plus most protective of your wort from nasties. You could then use gas to move it to a fermenter when you got home.

Denny's Evil Concoctions said:
I use a dolly to move my 12g fermenters anyway. Plus I use a pump so I don't need to raise them up to siphon.

Um, just an observation, but if you have a 12 gal fermentor.....Uhhh.....couldn't you move it in that? Just my opinion though. I usually will bring 2 carboys with me when I go to a brew day at someone elses house and transport them back to my place.

Cheers

Email this ebay seller

I was able to pick up 6 14gal containers and 2 20gal containers for $15 each. Drop him a message and ask for one of the 14gal ones shipped, and just get an extra lid. Use one lid for transport and the other with a hole for the airlock.

He charges $12 for shipping so you should be under $30 shipped.

Back