Ever Watch "Storage Wars"?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShakerD

Reaction score
There's a marathon on tonight and it's a good show.

But is it really real? Is the stuff stolen?

Sometimes there is a whole store's worth of stuff in there.

The one guy pulled out $9000+ worth of fishing stuff.

The other guy pulled out $6000+ worth of coins.

Who the hell leave $9000+ worth of stuff in an unclaimed storage locker?:confused:

There's a marathon on tonight and it's a good show.

But is it really real? Is the stuff stolen?
Storage bin companies store your stuff for a set period of time. Time lapses, you don't get your stuff, it's the storage company's property (state law) and they auction it off.

Sometimes there is a whole store's worth of stuff in there.

The one guy pulled out $9000+ worth of fishing stuff.

The other guy pulled out $6000+ worth of coins.

Who the hell leave $9000+ worth of stuff in an unclaimed storage locker?:confused:
It's a crapshoot. You may win (profit), you may lose (loss). People have all sorts of reasons. A lot of the time they die without heirs.

I wouldnt put it past the producers to "salt" a few of these storage units and default on the "rent" so they go to auction.

Bleh, that show has sucked me in! I can't stand Dave though (but I know thats why he's there).

Yeah, I watch it and enjoy it. I can tell you with 100% certainty that things like that really do happen. I have been to some of the storage unit auctions before years ago. For the most part it is all crap but once in a while there is a good one. I personally saw one once that had a classic (can't remember the year) caddilac in perfect condition sitting inside of it.

Most people don't intentionally let their stuff go but things happen. Maybe the people moved away and forgot to pay it or the owner died and other people didn't even know it existed.

Back