Great deal on Keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got lucky and found one with a sight glass and ball valve for $100 on craigs list here in Atlanta. Someone getting out of the hobby. You can find great deals if you are patient.

Just emailed the guy, hope he has one still!

Which would be better? The horizontal version or the vertical fittings? I'd want a ball valve obviously, unsure what else I'd put on 'er. Either close it up or a sightglass I guess.

Then to weldless install a heatstick into the side, hopefully that isn't too hard.

Very excite!

Edit: Also asking the guy if he would / what it would cost to weld a fitting for a heatstick on there. Gotta research what size that'd be though. Looks like 1"

Yea I bought 3 of them from Ben in Milwaukee. I would recommend him. I lived close, so I was able to pick them up myself. Those along with the sale on the brewstand means I will be quickly on my way to my first all grain batch.:D

I'm thinking of buying my first keggle through this craigslist posting. And just wanted to make sure that everyone is still happy with their product. Thanks in advance for any information.

looks like he has more of these - question to anyone who has one:

do the fittings sit "flush" with the inside of the keg or do they protrude in?

Did you end up buying one? If so, how are you feeling about the purchase a year later?

This guys is still selling out of Milwaukee. I like his prices compared to others that I've looked at online and at my LHBS. Just curious because I've seen mostly positive feedback for this vendor but some people are questioning the thickness of the pot.

Just emailed the guy, hope he has one still!

Which would be better? The horizontal version or the vertical fittings? I'd want a ball valve obviously, unsure what else I'd put on 'er. Either close it up or a sightglass I guess.

Then to weldless install a heatstick into the side, hopefully that isn't too hard.

Very excite!

Edit: Also asking the guy if he would / what it would cost to weld a fitting for a heatstick on there. Gotta research what size that'd be though. Looks like 1"

This guy is still selling these for around the same price. I'm thinking about getting one b/c they're much cheaper than others I've seen. How are you feeling about your purchase now that you've used it for a over year?

Still think it was a good buy?

I've seen others questioning the thickness of the pot

I got mine just last week for $100 each with $25 shipping from a guy named Ben in Milwaukee. Check his posting on Craiglook.com

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/for/1853346802.html

Might be the same guy from the looks of the picture.

i bought one, and it is a good keggle....

but I'm pretty sure he isn't doing these anymore. i could be wrong.

This guy is still selling these for around the same price.....

So you've made contact with this guy and you've confirmed this?......I'm also interested and was just wondering what contact info you used for him.

I read his story on another forum.....he was a college senior back in 2010 was just trying to make some extra cash. I'm guessing (assuming) he had easy/cheap access to more kegs than he knew what to do with back then. But now that he's probably started a career behind a desk somewhere, I too was assuming he was out of this game.

Blast from the past. I did not end up getting one, lol.

Ha ha seriously

So you've made contact with this guy and you've confirmed this?......I'm also interested and was just wondering what contact info you used for him.

I read his story on another forum.....he was a college senior back in 2010 was just trying to make some extra cash. I'm guessing (assuming) he had easy/cheap access to more kegs than he knew what to do with back then. But now that he's probably started a career behind a desk somewhere, I too was assuming he was out of this game.

Finishing up my last semester of engineering school this semester :rockin: But I've moved from keggles to kettles. Kegs are just too hard to come by (legally). Feel free to check out the site, email, call, text, smoke signal or whatever works.

Ben
[email protected]

Back