Beer at Super Target..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
So i was in our new Super Target last night.. and found that they have a pretty good selection of imports (better than walmart) and whats more, they sell singles for 1.50.. thats really not horrible IMO

But what is funny is this:

A single Newcastle : 1.50
IMG00095.jpg

A sixpack of Newcastle : 12.19
IMG00096.jpg

who are they trying to fool????

Grocery stores are sneaky like that. I've seen several instances where I thought the larger/bulk package should be cheaper, but the smaller one was actually the better deal. But, I honestly think this is the first time I've seen it with beer. I think the interaction at the register could be entertaining. "It's not a 6 pack, it's 6 individual bottles!"

Interesting. Here in MN we don't get to see interesting things like this at these stores. All liquor and beer sales are at liquor stores only. Except for a few low alcohol versions of various BMC you can find at the grocery store.

One good thing though is most of the bigger stores kroger walmart target. List the price per oz on the price label. It was just like when I was shopping for apple juice for cider at kroger. It was more $$$ to buy the big gallon jugs of AJ than buying 2 of the 1/2 gallon. I went even cheaper though and bought the frozen concentrate :)

Unit pricing is a big help - let's hear it for education ! There are some folks out there who are just dead from the neck up ..

If I have time, I got a supermarket's website to find the specials ... this week it was Magic Hat and Long Trail @ 10.99 per 12 pak.(plus 60cent deposit) ... but the sign said $14.99 ... I asked them to scan it, and sure enough it aw 10.99 ...

But then my shrinking supply ofHaus Pale Ale comes in at abt 40 cents/bottle, so I am very mindful of store prices ...

I remember very distinctly, stocking shelves at Buffums/Save-Rite when I was a kid... twice a week we'd get in probably half a dozen cases of half-gallon apple juice at $1.29 per (or maybe $1.49 - hell, this was fifteen years ago), and a case of one-gallon apple juices (same brand) for $3.59.

Must have been a lot of homebrewers looking for one-gallon glass fermenters!

Back