7 segment display wiring to bcs-460

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I ask why? For what? Temp? Time? You met be better off customizing the web interface to get the results you're looking for.

Just curious.

Can I ask why? For what? Temp? Time? You met be better off customizing the web interface to get the results you're looking for.

Just curious.

just to have a visual of the temps becase i dont have the computer conected all the time, especially for the ones that are controlling the fermenters.

Got it. I remember seeing a similar question on this forum, or possibly at the old ECC forum. Not sure how it turned out.

Another option would be to go wireless. I picked up a netgear wireless bridge router for $15, connected it to the BCS, to wifi and away we go. I just punch of the BCS on my browser when I want to see how things are going.
Good luck.

Only three wires are connected to the BCS, two Exp wires and one ground. Pin1 (SDA) connects to Exp1 and Pin2 (SCL) connects to Exp0 on the BCS. These are the brown and green wires in the pic. Pin4 and 5 go to a 12v wall wart power supply, the red and black wires. Pin3 the middle pin is not used. When you have one display connected then you can get some 5pin I2C cables and daisy chain the remaining displays. Program the address of each display by pressing the button on the back and cycling through until the display address matches the address of the temp output you want to display from the BCS config.

IMAG0316.jpg

Only three wires are connected to the BCS, two Exp wires and one ground. Pin1 (SDA) connects to Exp1 and Pin2 (SCL) connects to Exp0 on the BCS. These are the brown and green wires in the pic. Pin4 and 5 go to a 12v wall wart power supply, the red and black wires. Pin3 the middle pin is not used. When you have one display connected then you can get some 5pin I2C cables and daisy chain the remaining displays. Program the address of each display by pressing the button on the back and cycling through until the display address matches the address of the temp output you want to display from the BCS config.

Man seriusly thanks you sooo f*** much, this is what I needed. Cheers bro. Kudos

ok so I know its an old thread, but I bought 2 of these displays, and one faceplate months ago. im just getting to installing them and find that I need the jumper wire, another display and 2 more faceplates. And of course now theyre all gone. i guess ocsys quit carrying them?? Does anyone know anywhere else I could find them?

Brewershardware is going to care them, I think they are in the process of having them made. You might want to give them a call to see about an ETA.

Back