kegerator... classics never die.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey LazyP have you had any problems with your lines inside the door being to close to the cooling unit. I've got my taps ordered and just wondering about the layout for the holes in the door. I'm afraid of having the lines to close and freezing up on me.

havent had a problem with it yet, i have it turned down to the warmest setting to keep the temp around 38-40, but even with beer lines resting on the cooling unit they dont freeze up.

This looks beautiful! I'm considering this very fridge as one option for a vintage kegerator build and have a few questions:
  • Were you able to fit 3 kegs (ball or pin lock?) inside w/ disconnects?
  • Would you be able to fit 3 kegs and still keep the CO2 tank inside the fridge?
  • Do you happen to know what length shanks you used on the door?
  • Did you have to remove the door from the freezer compartment to get your tap lines to fit (or was that door missing when you got the fridge)?

Thanks in advance!

Hey fosaisu! Thanks!

Here's your answers:

You could fit either 2 kegs and CO2 tank or 3 kegs and no tank.
The taps I think have 5 1/8" shanks, should be more than enough.
Door on freezer was already gone, the shanks are well below the freezer level and everything fits nicely.

Hope this helps, good luck on the build! Be sure to post pics!

Back