How much amylase enzyme should I add?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did you boil the barley?? You're doing it wrong.

And, half a gallon? Why bother.

Anyway, my guess is about a teaspoon of AE, hold at 150 degrees for an hour, then boil again. Cool, then pitch yeast. I have no idea what you'll end up with though.

Sorry bud, but you're on the wrong forum for this type of question. This forum is for people who find enjoyment in brewing BEER, with most of us having the goal of creating the best beer possible, not just a liquid that will get us drunk. You might want to look for a different forum that deals with the type of fermented beverage you're looking to create.

My advice would be to buy How To Brew by John Palmer or The Joy of Homebrewing by Charlie Papazian. Read the beginners section.

You are either not making beer or you have an odd set of ideas on how to make it.

I'm not sure what you think you are making, but I don't think it will taste good.

How much amylase enzyme should I add to about a half gallon of barley water? This barley was boiled for about a half hour, and I added some flour and mixed it up. I'd like to use amylase enzyme to make fermentable sugars so that the wine yeast will make at least about 8% alcohol.

How much amylase enzyme should I add to about a half gallon of barley water? What temperature should it be at? How long should I keep it at that temperature before letting it cool to room temperature so I can add the yeast?

I'd appreciate your help.

Wine yeast CANNOT convert maltose and maltotriose.....your fermentation is not going to get very far.

Who would need advice on how to make crappy alcohol? Yeast do not care what they eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back