Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pumpkin-alelcopy.jpg

Heres what I have for my brand so far. Still not finalized but I thought I would share.

So far most folks I show this to have liked the idea. What do you guys who brew think?

Great design, consistent throughout, fantastic! Good use of color...grayish greens and yellows just scream dead, horror...zombie. And I can't believe the use of such "vomitous" colors made such a great design, but did not have any negative effect on me associating it with a beverage (sometimes peoples creativity doesn't coincide with something someone is supposed to put in their mouth). I especially like the hand punching out through the hops. As mentioned, the only negative thing to be found is the Hefes is blocked so much you can't read it. Great job!

Here is a label I made for my wedding. It was for a Berliner Weisse my buddy and I brewed.

5972549910_04e56b77ef_z.jpg

Great design, consistent throughout, fantastic! Good use of color...grayish greens and yellows just scream dead, horror...zombie. And I can't believe the use of such "vomitous" colors made such a great design, but did not have any negative effect on me associating it with a beverage (sometimes peoples creativity doesn't coincide with something someone is supposed to put in their mouth). I especially like the hand punching out through the hops. As mentioned, the only negative thing to be found is the Hefes is blocked so much you can't read it. Great job!

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. Yeah I've been struggling a bit with the actual names being in the background. I'm thinking I will more than likely end up doing a back label as well, where the name of the beer plus all the information will be more prevalent. Having it on the back label will at least give people another place of where to read the name, but I really want the front to just be eye catching. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated.

BrevitySpecsQuote.gif

New to GIMP, this is the first label I actually tried to make look nice, would love some critique. (Sorry for the hugeness.)

Really like those two. Are you going to add any extra info to the Boston Massacre label in the brown section?

Thanks! Ya, it's going to get the official treatment, Surgeon general's warning (my funny joke one), barcode, write-up, recycle symbol, etc...

The 'Boston Massacre' text is a direct photoshop copy from the original engraving by Paul Revere. It's called 'Bloody Massacre'. I just sampled some letters and made 'Boston'. Not sure if people would want to drink something called Bloody Massacre Ale lol.

http://www.sonofthesouth.net/revolutionary-war/battles/paul-revere-boston-massacre.jpg

The font for the rest is called 'Jefferson', and I first saw it here:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/user/officevideos?blend=1&ob=5#p/u/0/xw_1I1oYApw"]http://www.youtube.com/user/officevideos?blend=1&ob=5#p/u/0/xw_1I1oYApw[/ame]
(The video is hysterical. I highly recommend it lol)
Then I just googled it and it was a free download from some font site. The whole back will be written in it, if it's legible. I may get another one, I found a few similar ones.

WIN on the Fish Dog! That's great. :mugs:

lol thanks. It started as a DFH clone, but ended up with a wee bit of a higher OG (1.100!). I do still have some important questions if you guys wouldn't mind taking a look... https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f37/90-minute-ipa-extract-207533-new/

Did you have a chemical analysis done on that...it's supposed to be theoretically nearly impossible to get over 100 IBU's, needless to say 150!

Nope no chem analysis. That's calculated ibu, not actual. It wasn't designed to be a bitter beer, first wort and immense late additions were a big factor in hitting the 150+ calc'd ibus.
It's VERY easy to hit whatever ibu you want when you are going by calculations. I've got a 186ibu 6.9% pale that is just chock full of hop flavor, but probably is really only at an actual IBU rating of maybe ~60.

Both that pale and the DIPA tasted less bitter than 70ibu commercial examples by quite a bit.

Cheers!
Dave

Also, I am experimenting with adding QR codes to my labels that take you directly to the recipe page. Anyone that has a barcode scanner on their phone, please try it out and make sure it works!

5987561207_97aa2888fb_z.jpg

Figured it out - needs to be light background and dark code, can't be the other way around. Here is the new label, please try it out!

5987973237_1eafd8afdb_z.jpg

modernlifeisANDY said:
This message has been deleted by modernlifeANDY. Reason: Whoops

Ah, Andy...were you really gonna use that full frontal shot for one of your labels??? Hahaha!

Those labels of yours a lookin' good!

Well;

Here is my attempt at a label for one of my upcoming brews that I just received from AHS. I used the Beer Labelizer....great site BTW.....

Smitick1.jpg

Smitick3.jpg

agavewhit1.jpg

Thanks for the feedback on my earlier label post. I've dropped the "Reed's Home Brew" monicker for "Tipsy Kitty Brewing Company", kept the general label style, but squared things off to make the actual labeling process easier. And, here's the final version I came up with:

Talk%252520Like%252520a%252520Pirate%252520Porter.png

Feedback dictates I'll be keeping the general style for each label, just the main area/color will change like I had before.

Oh, and the missing background on this particular brew: I hold a big party every year for Talk Like a Pirate Day, and this will be served up alongside the rum this year.

Ostpreussen said:
A lot of my family members in Germany have this shield on their walls. So I decided to add it to my labels.

I like these. nice to incorporate the family seal

This is the logo for our Keezer. We picked something simple so that it would be easier to print onto glasses.

castle in pencil logo 2.jpg

SHIELD and ribbon trans.gif

Here's my brewing label... New Texian Brewery

NewTexian.jpg

And this is my current bottled brew... Red Blooded Ale (Aspiring to be as bold as Arrogant Bastard, but needs more hops. I'll get there in the next rendition).

8x55%20NewTexian%20RedBlooded%20-%20come%20and%20take%20it%20-Ale.jpg

Back