new 2 4m and just started my first batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowspoke

Reaction score
New to the form and got a brew kit from the local shop here in Billings. Got up the courage tonight to start brewing. My first brew is a Brewers Best German Altbier style. I'll be posting back on the progress. Hopeing that all goes well and the local shop has been VERY helpful in answering my questions. I'm sure there will be many more questions after this batch.

Beer is in primary fermenter now for 1 1/2 days and the airlock has few bubbles now. When I took my OG reading it was 1.050 and the instructions said 1.044-1.048 so I guess I'm good. Will be letting it set another 1 1/2 days (or when airlock stops) then take another reading before transfering to secondary fermenter.
:mug:

slowspoke said:
Beer is in primary fermenter now for 1 1/2 days and the airlock has few bubbles now. When I took my OG reading it was 1.050 and the instructions said 1.044-1.048 so I guess I'm good. Will be letting it set another 1 1/2 days (or when airlock stops) then take another reading before transfering to secondary fermenter.
:mug:

Wait a full week, then transfer to the secondary for 2 full weeks, then let it sit in bottles for 3 full weeks. Start up your second batch ASAP so that you build up a surplus.

The first batch is the hardest.

Back