Poker night suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCall St. Brewer

Reaction score
SWMBO has invited a few friends from work over for a poker night this Saturday. I'm looking for some suggestions on what to feed them.

Is it a good idea to try to make things that they can eat while they are playing cards, or is it better to just take a break and have a more substantial meal.

Either way, does anyone have any suggestions on what might be good (oh, and it goes without saying that a lot of beer is likely to be consumed).

good while playing: pretzels, chips and dips (salsa, creamy, quac etc...), slice break and pesto, pizza

Good for a break: hot wings, pizza, bacon wrapped jalapenos

Just to list a few.

i say chips and salsa. There is a whole thread here on salsa making. I like the one i posted which is just canned tomatoes, Rotell, Cilantro, garlic, lime juice, and salt.

We usually have chips, salsa, nuts, Chex mix, that sort of thing. Maybe a party tray from Subway if we're lucky.

The Lil' Smokies in BBQ sauce is always a hit...or meatballs in BBQ or whatever sauce. Just throw it all in a crock pot on low/warm. Or really anything that can be skewered with a toothpick is a good hit because it keeps hands/cards a little more clean.

Avoid anything greasy - as it makes the cards slippery. Avoid anything sticky - as it makes the cards sticky. Avoid anything which leaves colored marks on your fingers, as they'll mark the cards.

Stick to finger foods.

We usually have little snacks, and then get pizza for a 15 minute break in the middle.

Latest posts

Back