Nice Irish Stout Kit- Guinness like

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmiguel

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am gonna buy a new Irish Stout kit. I have done a Coopers Pale Ale (dissapointing) a Coopers Wheat( acceptable) and a brewferm triple (still aging, but looking good) . To change a bit I would like to buy the best Irish Stout kit...get something as similar as possible to Guinness...well, I know, but lets say in general a nice Irish Stout.

So far I saw good reviews on the Milestone Black Pearl, anyone has experience with it? There is a Coopers Irisk Stout also. Here we have access here to mainly Brewferm, Coopers, Milestone, Muntons, Simply and Woodfordes kits

Thanks a lot.

Hi all,

I am gonna buy a new Irish Stout kit. I have done a Coopers Pale Ale (dissapointing) a Coopers Wheat( acceptable) and a brewferm triple (still aging, but looking good) . To change a bit I would like to buy the best Irish Stout kit...get something as similar as possible to Guinness...well, I know, but lets say in general a nice Irish Stout.

So far I saw good reviews on the Milestone Black Pearl, anyone has experience with it? There is a Coopers Irisk Stout also. Here we have access here to mainly Brewferm, Coopers, Milestone, Muntons, Simply and Woodfordes kits

Thanks a lot.

I've never heard of some of those kits, but I've never had good results with any cooper's, Brewferm, or Munton's kits.

I'd suggest not using a "kit" and instead buying some extract and steeping grains, and hops. Like this: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f68/irish-car-bomb-stout-159509/ (Skip the Jameson's and vanilla- and just do the brew without those additions).
That would be my first choice, instead of a Cooper's type pre-hopped extract kit.

Back