"Encounter the Pint" Coors Light commercials

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reno_eNVy

Reaction score
So unless HBT search is all wonky, there isn't any discussion about these commercials yet.

Coors Light released (releasing? Not sure when they're coming out) aluminum and resealable pint cans. Actually not a terrible idea.

However, if you've tried to watch anything on YouTube lately, their new commercial campaign is unavoidable. I must be getting them with every other video I watch.

Here they are. Apparently the new can is a rocket.... I guess. Doesn't seem like a very effective way of keeping it cool enough to get blue mountains. And for some reason there is a ridiculous amount of bleeped cursing. Not saying that I have an aversion to foul language, but really Coors?

My favorite thing about the last one (the "Woods Sighting" which happens to play the most on YouTube) is the line at the end. "We're going to make so much money on this video." Made me think of internet money:

2394166161_894da08e88.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not only is is a rocket, but it's "the SUMMER'S most refreshing beer"!!! And, FWIW, the way they chill the beer in flight is to fly high enough to chill it to 32 degrees..... that's the "super cold" blue bar under the blue mountains!!! Gotta love MillerCoors and their marketing! My fave's the new Punch Top Miller Lite cans, as if my pocket knife wasn't good enough for one of those bad boys.

Not only is is a rocket, but it's "the SUMMER'S most refreshing beer"!!! And, FWIW, the way they chill the beer in flight is to fly high enough to chill it to 32 degrees..... that's the "super cold" blue bar under the blue mountains!!! Gotta love MillerCoors and their marketing! My fave's the new Punch Top Miller Lite cans, as if my pocket knife wasn't good enough for one of those bad boys.

Yeah, I just saw that commercial for the first time yesterday. Makes me worry about the structural integrity of the can. :D

Oh, they're great man. Pours even smoother than the Vortex bottle! Although, whenever I try to 'punch' the little part on the top, I end up punching all the way around the top and get way too smooth a pour. :ban:

Oh, they're great man. Pours even smoother than the Vortex bottle! Although, whenever I try to 'punch' the little part on the top, I end up punching all the way around the top and get way too smooth a pour. :ban:

When I punch it I just dent the can and beer sprays everywhere.

The best part of the commercials is when the rocket pint splashes down to the beach and it turns out that a pint is roughly the size of the statue of liberty. Turns out I don't drink a lot, I've never even had a whole pint yet! :drunk:

When I punch it I just dent the can and beer sprays everywhere.

I think you're s'posed to open the can first, then punch the punch top. :D

Best part of the aluminum pint is that they come in 9 packs. I've always wanted a 9 pack. Before there were 6 packs, 4 packs, 24 packs, 30 packs, 15 packs, 12 packs and 18 packs, even the occasional 8 pack. Someone had to make the 9 pack.... and now the door's open, anything goes. Who knows, maybe next year we'll get the dreaded 13 pack! Have one in the fridge for parties, and you know the superstitious people will be sure to leave you a beer. :D

Best part of the aluminum pint is that they come in 9 packs. I've always wanted a 9 pack. Before there were 6 packs, 4 packs, 24 packs, 30 packs, 15 packs, 12 packs and 18 packs, even the occasional 8 pack. Someone had to make the 9 pack.... and now the door's open, anything goes.
Nine? Really? That's.... that's odd....

Who knows, maybe next year we'll get the dreaded 13 pack! Have one in the fridge for parties, and you know the superstitious people will be sure to leave you a beer. :D

This summer the next big thing is Miller Lite: THE BAKERS DOZEN

I have read the federal code for brewing / selling beer, maybe I don't remember correctly, but I'm assuming it states the advertisements for alcoholic beverages are not allowed to have any public figures in them. Coors is using Ice Cube, then Bud Light (japanese) copied with Pit Bull.......did they change the laws or something?

QsnotPs said:
I have read the federal code for brewing / selling beer, maybe I don't remember correctly, but I'm assuming it states the advertisements for alcoholic beverages are not allowed to have any public figures in them. Coors is using Ice Cube, then Bud Light (japanese) copied with Pit Bull.......did they change the laws or something?

I'm pretty sure that can't be right. Miller Lite started the whole comic beer ad style using ex athlete's and such. I'm definitely dating myself, but my favorite was the Billy Martin one with the line " I didn't punch that doggie"

Back