San francisco beer festival and brett

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dropitlikesitshot

Reaction score
Well, attended San Fran brewers guild gala friday :rockin: and noticed that sour beer style beer was representing. Russian River had a mob for their special offering and I have to say I'm not a huge fan. Tasted several made w/Brett and few that achieved the sourness with out brett.
Don't know of any brewers that are producing this for market, but I am sure it will be coming soon if the Gala is any type of bellwether.

Oh and the Gala was an awesome time. 35 brewers came and they served up quality tasters. ThirstyBear barleywine was fantastic!:mug:

Mustangj said:
I think you need to send me a 6'er of Russian River so I can see for myself!!:D

If only RR beers came in sixers, just one bottle of a barrel aged beer is $12, for 375 mL. I'm a huge fan of their beers, but I would love for them to not be so expensive!

I'm pretty jealous that I don't live in the Bay Area right now, I would have loved to go!

If only RR beers came in sixers, just one bottle of a barrel aged beer is $12, for 375 mL. I'm a huge fan of their beers, but I would love for them to not be so expensive!

I'm pretty jealous that I don't live in the Bay Area right now, I would have loved to go!

That's worse then Jolly Pumpkin!!! And this is why I started brewing sours.

Mustangj said:
That's worse then Jolly Pumpkin!!! And this is why I started brewing sours.

Haha. Same here!

But, RR beers are worth it IMHO. At least until my sours start tasting awesome.

Back