New Kettle... first brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FxdGrMind

Reaction score
OMG!!!

Ok, so for a year, I've used a thin aluminum turkey fryer pot to boil my wort. I thought it was ok, but as dents have formed and it's so thin, the potential for a crack to form and leak all the goodness mid boil... I decided I needed a new Pot.

So after looking around, looking at thick Alu, and cheap SS. I decided that I just needed to step up a little.

I got this: http://conical-fermenter.com/products/brew-kettles/

All I can say is "FANTASTIC"!!!!!! 9.2 gal makes an easy boil fo 6.5-7 gal with plenty of room to give you time to adjust heat before boil over. Set the heat and the boil just rolls BEAUTIFULLY!!
The conical style bottom collects the trub nicely and with the welded in stand rim around the bottom the flame is captured and you don't need much to maintain a nice boil. Heats up nice and fast too!

My IC fits perfect and cools actually faster than my old Alu pot!

Then there is the drain valve and connections! So simple vs having to rack off the pot into the fermenter. Stir up the wort to get the trub to form a cone in the center of the bottom , add the hose to bib, turn the valve and walk away! When drained, turn valve, remove hose, pick up fermenter and add yeast! Rinse out kettle, disassemble the valve for easy cleaning! Don't forget to open and clean valve... don't leave beer in there!

So far, this has been the best investment I have made to date in my beer brewing!

Oh... and do I have to say... BLING!!! Pollished SS is so sexy!
As I had a brew party, Belgian beer tasting and Pizza and beer party. The Kettle got it's share of oooh's and ahhhh's.

THANKS JOHN!!!

Hi FxdGrMnd - Glad you are happy with your purchase!

One thing I do that you might find helpful, is I don't bother with the hose. I cool the wort with an immersion chiller in the brew pot, so I just set the fermenter on the floor and let the wort drain out without a hose and splash into the fermenter.

This helps aerate the wort, and is one less thing to clean.

Cheers,

John

Latest posts

Back