08.08.08 Vertical Epic Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangj

Reaction score
Looking at this recipe I don't understand how much grain I need or when to add the hops.

What dose the % mean?

Stone Vertical Epic Ale

Grain:
Pale Malt 87%
Flaked Oats 6.5%
Light Candi Sugar Syrup 5.5% (added to boiling wort)
Blonde Candi Sugar Powder 1.0% (added to boiling wort)
Simcoe hop pellets 2.71 grams/gallon (.095 oz/ gallon)
Amarillo hop pellets 2.71 grams/gallon (.095 oz/ gallon)

Ahtanum hop pellets 5.42 grams/gallon (.19 oz/gallon)

Dry-Hopping:
Simcoe hop pellets 2.71 grams/gallon (.095 oz/ gallon)
Amarillo hop pellets 2.71 grams/gallon (.095 oz/ gallon)

White Labs WLP 570 (Belgian Golden Ale Yeast)

%, That's the percentage of each ingredient in your grain bill. According to Beersmith, it's about 11.5# pale malt and a # each of wheat and total sugars.
If you read thru the procedure far enough, they tell you to add the Am. and Sim. at the beginning of the boil, along with the sugars.

That's a great beer. I've got a bottle in my fridge right now. I may have to brew this one, myself.

%, That's the percentage of each ingredient in your grain bill. According to Beersmith, it's about 11.5# pale malt and a # each of wheat and total sugars.
If you read thru the procedure far enough, they tell you to add the Am. and Sim. at the beginning of the boil, along with the sugars.

That's a great beer. I've got a bottle in my fridge right now. I may have to brew this one, myself.

O....K...........

I'll plug this in to BeerSmith and post the recipe in the DB for AG and PM versions later today.

Tripels are my favorite beer style, and this is one fine beer. :rockin: The Duvel strain rocks, I can't wait to try my 666 Tripel which I used that strain on. It ferments fairly cleanly, there is a slight hint of phenols and a little bit of esters but it is not nearly as estery as the more commonly used strains like the Chimay. It's a slow attenuator, I'm over two weeks in and it's still bubbling 4-5 a minute, and that was with pitching an ***load of yeast (I used a 3 quart starter) so plan for a LOOOONNNNGG primary.

I just picked up 3 22 oz.'ers from the brewery on Saturday, I haven't tried one yet though. I'm going to try to save one of them for a few years.

Back