What does your HBT name mean?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good word. Typos on the thread name have caused me to delete and repost twice. I give up. You know what I meant.

my last name is Weir, when asked by people how to spell it I say "weird without the d"
I run as well, my wife and I just did the Gettysburg marathon last weekend, during training periods we put in 30 to 50 mile weeks. my last 5k time was 23:17, I want to get down to 20 minutes.

so, running weird.

Yes there is a story behind my username, The name explains it all. It is my username on all forums, I subscribe too, but I should really change it to Afghanvet_3x because I have been there 3 times and Iraq once. I don't change it because I would get confused between forums so I just keep it simple.

runningweird said:
my last name is Weir, when asked by people how to spell it I say "weird without the d"
I run as well, my wife and I just did the Gettysburg marathon last weekend, during training periods we put in 30 to 50 mile weeks. my last 5k time was 23:17, I want to get down to 20 minutes.

so, running weird.

Exactly what I'm looking for.

Afghanvet_2x said:
Yes there is a story behind my username, The name explains it all. It is my username on almost all forums, but I should really change it to Afghanvet_3x because I have been there 3 times and Iraq once. I don't change it because I would get confused between forums so I just keep it simple.

Semper Fi?

I'm not a Marine. But good for you. I have good friends who have done multiple tours.

Mine is simple too... Nickname and location... Although people tend to think I have something special for an animated rodent in a nearby county. :p

Mouse

Mine is really meaningless...for the most part. I'm a total geek and love Chess (not to be confused with being good at Chess; I'm not). I am infatuated with how the knight moves. I am also (mostly) of Irish descent. For some other forum's name, I looked up the name for that Chess piece in Gaelic..."Ridire".

Afghanvet_2x said:
I am not a marine either (my head wouldn't fit in the jar) but I am in the Army, I am an Apache mechanic Been in the 82nd Airborne Division since I joined 9 yrs ago.

Cool. Most guys I know who have been more than once are Marines. I just assumed...

EDIT: I live spitting distance from a major military air base. Helicopters go over my home all the time but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what kind.

I always thought Urbanmyth would be a good name for a rock and/or blues band. And it's easy to remember.

Worked in a bicycle shop for 10y, internet happened shortly thereafter and nobody else in the world appears to want this name, I use it on a multitude of forums / user names.

Ridire said:
JD and BS go together well, don't they? I'm a BA and JD.

And to confuse things further, I have a CPA to go with my BA, JD, which most people would think goes with a BS, JD...I have a complex life trajectory.

nickname i got while snowboarding in Colorado from my brother in law as a young teenager.. it was my second year snowboarding and first time out west and basically i would just gun it down the mountain ..03 is the year i graduated high school

I am a dad of three: ages 9, 7, & 5
I live in Carlsbad: abbreviated as cbad sometimes
Hence, CBADDAD.

I have since noticed that it could be read as "see bad dad"
Had not tought of that.

My youngest daughter asked if I was "beering" this weekend.
I said yes.
Porter and IPA. Doing 20 gallons on Sunday!!!

Back in a former life, I wanted to be a paleontologist, specializing in really old invertebrates. I even almost finished a geology degree. There were several fossils that I really liked, but proto-spiders and marine predators were most fascinating.

The first true hunting predator (as opposed to ambush, filter-feeding, or grazing) was called Anomalocaris. Translated to English, that's mysterious shrimp. When I became active online, I used several references to old fossils, but mysteryshrimp somehow stuck.

article-0-0F19059900000578-105_468x346.jpg

I'm also a firearms enthusiast, extreme accuracy can be described in that community as "tackdriving" and tackdriver is taken in many of those forums, hence simplification.

Started as a play on words for "log on name" on a drum forum. And the log drum is a very cool instrument.

There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Beer. Heinlein is one of my favorite authors and I always loved that quote. Reminds me of my grandpa telling me that the world doesn't owe me anything so I better be prepared to work for it. Beer, Lunch, the meaning is still the same.
BTW, I graduate grad school in a week gramps! TANSTAAFL!

Pretty cool thread. Lotta smart dudes here explaining their handle. I feel dumb cuz my nickname is ozzy, and I am now home brewing. I am ozzy brew. dammit.

Eugenics: a science that deals with the improvement (as by control of human mating) of hereditary qualities of a race or breed.

Beer_Eugenics: a science that deals with the improvement (as by control of brewing) of a brewer master to improve quality of ales and/or lagers.

I named the first song I wrote when I was first learning to play saxophone called, "Walkin' Talkin' Blues" . My name is Joaquin, a little play on words I suppose, for a 10 year old way back then. I picked this name up long after I put the sax down. Would love to play again, but I'd have to learn it all over....

My name doesn't mean anything! I like the Knack song "My Sharona", and always thought Zambonis were cool. I started using the name a long time ago, and it's always available.

Back