Belgian Quad/Dark Strong with Rye?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tennesseean_87

Reaction score
Has anyone done this? The idea popped into my head, but I haven't found any threads on it; just other Belgian rye beers (saison, etc.).

Any thoughts?

was thinking of a similar idea. Trying some Belgian beers to see which would be a good ideal base. Was thinking of strong golden or dark. Had a duvel and feel rye spicy would overwhem the yeast character. Was thinking rare vos with rye maybe? I believe their yeast is similar to 550. If you want we can try to create a recipe together.

Jon

I'm not great at recipe developement yet, and I'm definitely not an authority on Belgian beers. I was really just curious since it seems everything under the sun has been tried already. That said, if you try something, post it.

I think my next BDSA will be something like the Pannepot clone that the Candi Syrup people have posted, with a hint of choc and black malt. I'll see what that does before i try something different.

Back