Mt. Zion Steak Fry Wheat Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
mt-zion-2012-steak-fry-wheat-beer-2-56538.jpg

http://www.singingboysbrewing.com/The-Blog.html?entry=wheat-beer-for-2012-mt

mt-zion-2012-steak-fry-wheat-beer-56539.jpg

Nice looking beer and your little contest sounds like a fun idea.

Thanks, Harry, I think people will like the contest. I thought I'd put a sheet out for people to write their answers and take the first three to correctly guess and let them choose their prizes, from a couple of glasses and beer signs that I'll bring. I don't think there will be any other brewers at this dinner, so it might be a little challenging for folks.

Well, to close this loop, I should report back on the steak fry. It was great fun, about 90 people there. They drank all of my beer, of course. They seemed to enjoy it but, not being craft beer drinkers generally, had a tough time identifying the fruit in the beer - lots of guesses of orange, apricot, raspberries, lime, etc. Finally, after many hints, three people guessed correctly (tart cherries) and left with: 1) a German weissbier glass; 2) an Arrogant Bastard pint glass; and 3) a Unibroue sign.

And once again, I'm left with no/little beer. ;)

Well, to close this loop, I should report back on the steak fry. It was great fun, about 90 people there. They drank all of my beer, of course. They seemed to enjoy it but, not being craft beer drinkers generally, had a tough time identifying the fruit in the beer - lots of guesses of orange, apricot, raspberries, lime, etc. Finally, after many hints, three people guessed correctly (tart cherries) and left with: 1) a German weissbier glass; 2) an Arrogant Bastard pint glass; and 3) a Unibroue sign.

And once again, I'm left with no/little beer. ;)

Awesome! Mind if I ask how much beer 90 people drank? Planning some events and I'd like to have enough beer. Cheers!

I brought five gallons, two cases. There was also BMC available, but I didn't bring that and don't know how much of that was drunk. I do know that all of my beer was drunk.

Latest posts

Back