dirty kegerator beer lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I-Hop

Reaction score
Hello.
I moved last year and have not been able to brew for the last year and a half due to the selling/buying of our house, packing/unpacking and also the addition of twins. I am now getting my homebrewery set back up and realized I never cleaned my beer lines in my kegerator. Will I be able to just clean the lines and be all set to tap a new batch or have I ruined the beer lines? I would love to be able to not have to buy new lines but I also don't want to ruin a batch of beer. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Was there old beer stuck in there the whole time? beer line cleaner is pretty strong, so I would try to give it a couple of good soaks before you replace everything. I think it is possible to clean them, but it kind of depends on how much gunk is in them.

Congrats on the twins! Woah, that must be a bit crazy the first year, especially if they were your first.

I have let my lines sit for several months in my outdoor kegerator with no issues. I use a heavy duty line cleaner from Micro-matic, and I just let the liquid sit in the lines for an hour. So far, so good.

Give them a good clean and I'll bet you are OK.

Back