do half-barrel taps work for corny kegs too?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdeluca

Reaction score
I just bought a kegerator from a friend and he has a whole tap system to tap half-barrels. I homebrew and want to keg in a corny keg. Will the tap work on both? For some reason I'm having trouble finding an answer to this which leads me to think that yes, it will work, but a second opinion would be great.

Instead of something like this:
mm-7485e-s.jpg

You'll need these:
Ball Lock Home Brew Keg Tap Complete Set | BeverageFactory.com
thumb_blcp.jpg

Just so everyone is clear... the tap is the apparatus that connects to the keg.
The Faucet is where the beer gets poured into your glass.

I hear people refer to the faucet as the tap and it drives me bonkers.

They have kits...

Sanke Tap to Homebrew Conversion Kit, with disconnects

EDIT ***************** Opps, my bad...already noted the link in post #6 ************

You cut the lines just above the nipple on the Sankey "D" Coupler...and put the barbed swivel nuts on. Then you can hook these swivel nuts to the Homebrew Disconnects or Hook them to the tailpiece adapters which fasten to the Sankey Coupler using the neoprene washers and beer nuts that it came with.

I hope I didn't confuse you. Take a look at the link...see if it makes sense...then ask more questions. We'll be glad to help you out.

I may have read that question wrong. It looked like bdeluca was asking if the coupler could be made to work with a corny keg. Was the question really whether you could connect the faucet to the corny? That seems pretty simple to me.

ya I guess I meant the coupler...I think I'll just bring it in to a good homebrew shop and she what they tell me

If you're new to kegging homebrew...I might take a second to point out.

When you buy your homebrew kegs...try to get the same type.

The beverage industry used to use these kegs for pre-mix soda...and post-mix syrups for soft drinks. Then they all went to Bag in Box systems...and left a surplus of these kegs for homebreweres. The Coca-Cola Company made theirs different from everyone else's. They put posts on theirs that have Pins... 2 pins on the Gas Connector, 3 pins on the Liquid Connector. Pepsi, and everyone else used Ball Lock Connectors. It has a sliding sleeve with some balls that capture a groove in the post when locked in place.

So, before you order anything...decide where you're going to source your kegs...and try to keep it all standard for your setup. I prefer pin locks...many many others prefer ball lock. But where you get your kegs will more than likely decide that for you.

Latest posts

Back