Spike Brewing - New Website, Now Sanitary Welding, New Item in Bargain Cave!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Where to start?!

This weekend we launched our new website! Take a second to check it out. Feel free to email or PM me feedback on what you think.

Some of you may already know this but all our welds going forward will be fully sanitary welds. They are being welded to the AWS Standard D18.2 (for you Engineers). The welds look great and are welded by a company that has been in business 80 years and only deals with stainless steel welding (mostly for the brewing industry).

Lastly we have 2 kettles left in stock that have the older welds. Still a great weld but we just want to clear them out of inventory. Here's a link to them: www.spikebrewing.com/bargain-cave/15-gallon-brew-kettle-

I want to give a personal thank you to everyone that has supported us in the past and those that will in the future. We have a few new and exciting products that we want to roll out this year. A lot of our business comes from HBT and we really appreciate that!!

:mug:

Ben Caya
Owner | Spike Brewing
[email protected]

I'm sure our welders could (we haven't stumped them yet). I don't see this being an off the shelf item anytime soon. It might be a option for custom orders however. We'll update our website if it becomes an option.

I was looking forward to spending a lot of cash with this place. I like supporting the small guys in the us. However, I got my 15 gal 2 port horizontal mount and was completely disappointed. They forgot to rivet one of the handles. Anyone want to move 13 gallons of boiling water around by one handle. I sure didn't drop this kinda money for that kind of pot. I called and told them about it. Looking forward to speaking with them about it. I found out about this company on this thread and that is why chose this thread to post this.

They called within a hour and told me he would ship a new one as soon as possible. I may be a spike supporter yet

I was looking forward to spending a lot of cash with this place. I like supporting the small guys in the us. However, I got my 15 gal 2 port horizontal mount and was completely disappointed. They forgot to rivet one of the handles. Anyone want to move 13 gallons of boiling water around by one handle. I sure didn't drop this kinda money for that kind of pot. I called and told them about it. Looking forward to speaking with them about it. I found out about this company on this thread and that is why chose this thread to post this.

I actually bought this for him as a Christmas gift for being an awesome bf and making me beer. He was so excited to open it on Christmas morning...until he realized a day later that rivets were missing on one side. I feel so bad because this ruined my perfect Christmas gift for him. At least he didnt have boiling water in the pot before realizing that rivets were missing.

Not cool.

I have a 10 gallon spike brewing kettle and it is awesome, I would recommend it to anyone!

I recently picked up a 15 gal 2 port kettle. I have not used it yet but it looks amazing.

After doing a lot of research on different kettles, I plan on ordering the 15 gallon 2 port kettle from Spike in the next week or so. Glad I dragged my feet on this and will get the upgrade in welds. After exhaustively looking at other stuff (almost to an annoyance) this seems to be the best pot where I will get the most bang for my buck. This is one of the final pieces I need to make the move to AG. This is probably bigger than what I need right now but I would rather invest the money now so I can grow into it. Looking forward to using this.

I recently bought a set of the 80 qt kettles (one for my mash tun the other for my boil kettle).

I'm talking uber quality, welds are well finished and the pots are high quality (its a concord pot but a little taller than the stock concord 80 qt).

Very happy. My conical fermenter will be from spike brewing!:)

Latest posts

Back