capicola

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopSpunge

Reaction score
Would like to try and make some. The guy down the street gave me a piece of some homade stuff that was awsome. He explained briefly how to make it but was rather vague. Was woundering if anyone here ever tried making it from scrach, or had a recipe. Thanks in advance.

If you google it, they will come :D

BTW, I love the stuff. Gabagoo :D provolone, sun dried tomato, black olives, banana peppers and a spash of vinagrette on a slab of focaccia...

Worth dying for:ban:

Do a search for Coppa and you will find what you are looking for. The Wrightfood blog has some nice info as does Molinari's Cured Meats blog. I've made three batches so far using info from these two guys and the results have been fantastic. Start with good raw product, watch your sanitation, keep accurate notes and be patient.

Your patience will be rewarded:

image-2933945894.jpg

Thanks. I used Berkshire pork - good fat ratio, deep red flesh. Makes for a nice presentation.

Heck, anything looks better than how it started:

image-1510242391.jpg

Do a search for Coppa and you will find what you are looking for. The Wrightfood blog has some nice info as does Molinari's Cured Meats blog. I've made three batches so far using info from these two guys and the results have been fantastic. Start with good raw product, watch your sanitation, keep accurate notes and be patient.

Your patience will be rewarded:

View attachment 75961

Ok, you have to post about this on the LVHB forum!

Back