How many gallons of Brandon O's Graff have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Used a whole pound of Crystal 60L, 3# of amber DME, 2oz torrified wheat, 5 gal fresh pressed cider, 1/2oz Liberty Hop pellets, Nottingham. Nice full 6.5gallon carboy now. I can't wait to see if this stuff is half as good as everyone claims.
2302.5+6.5 = 2309

My 1st 5 is in the Keg & I'm drinking one right now! It's nothing like I expected. The hops give it a much different taste than anything you can get commercially.

I like it! :rockin:

Next I'm going to try substituting Pear juice. Slyko's Graff Perry! :D

Holy ****ing ****! 1 class and I'm feeling it! :drunk:

Well, I took the dive and made my first batch of Graff Friday afternoon. 5 more gallons added to the grand total.

2390 + 5 = 2395

PS: I love Slyko's idea of substituting pear juice, sounds great!

I also finally got my first 5 gals in the primary. Looking good, the Notty's is going like mad. Lots of turbulence and continuous air lock burping. OG was 1.062.

2406 + 5 = 2411

Question for the bottlers...are you priming when bottling or letting it carb on it's own without priming? Just bottled 5 gals last night and did not prime. Was in the primary for 16 days. Used Notty's and there was activity in the primary but was very slow. OG was 1.062 and the FG was 1.008. I'll check a bottle in a couple weeks and hoping it'll be somewhat carbed.

2440+5+2445

Just finished up, can't wait to try it in about a month! But I totally forgot to take a hydro sample... I followed the recipe to a T, what's everybody else getting for a reading??

I've primed all of my Graff with 3/4 cup of honey and it carbs real nicely. I'm not sure how the carbonation would be without priming. I haven't taken any hydrometer readings, I just bottle it after 2 1/2 weeks.

4.8-gallons (rounded up to 5-gallons for this thread) made 1-month ago. Getting ready to bottle it. It's down to 1.09 now and I think it's done. Thought it was done before, but then it dropped another .01 on me. Will take one last hydrometer reading, then bottle, assuming it hasn't moved in the last few days.

2475+5 = 2480-gallons

4.8-gallons (rounded up to 5-gallons for this thread) made 1-month ago. Getting ready to bottle it. It's down to 1.09 now and I think it's done. Thought it was done before, but then it dropped another .01 on me. Will take one last hydrometer reading, then bottle, assuming it hasn't moved in the last few days.

2475+5 = 2480-gallons

Made this using Belgian yeast using the original recipe and some cinnamon and nutmeg. Bottled three weeks ago and tried a couple this weekend. Results are...interesting.

2480+5=2485 gallons

2495 + 5 + 5 = 2505

First batch quickly drove a 2nd - 2nd go around using crab apples - likely going to end up adding another # or 2 of dme to sweeten

[edit 8/30/2012] brewed another batch of wart following the all grain methods and added to the crab apple batch - much better now. bottling in another week.

Back