NHC 2012 Seattle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bensiff

Reaction score
Alright, this is in my neck of the woods so seasoned attendees please give me the rundown as this is on my must attend list. What would you consider the most important events to go to...club night, the banquet, pro brewers night? What is the usual cost?

http://www.brewingwithbigfoot.com/

Get the total pass for $230 & attend everything you can. The pro & club nights are awesome! Tickets should start being sold around Nov. timeframe.

I'm really hoping to go to this this year even though it's all the way across the country. And I'm sure Sean Paxton will be doing the banquet again. I hear that's some good food!

I'm really hoping to go to this this year even though it's all the way across the country. And I'm sure Sean Paxton will be doing the banquet again. I hear that's some good food!

Don't get too excited about Sean's food.. It was a good meal, but it wasn't great. He served a Mexican style dinner with salad, chicken mole, and flan. The beer he used to cook with (Rogue beers) didn't even shine through as an ingredient until the flan came out. The flan was a very original and tasty creation to say the least! I even attended the BN party where he had made a homemade sausage.. also wasn't anything spectacular. For a bunch of homebrewers who are very critical about their beer and have a more sophisticated flavor palate than most people, I would say that Sean needs to step it up a notch before Seattle next year.

I too plan on attending this year. My club is hosting a booth and I can't wait to try the beer of other brewers from across the country. One thing to keep in mind is the NHC isn't really in Seattle, it is in Bellevue. So you will need to do a bit of traveling to get to places like Brouwers, Bottleworks, Malt & Vine, Uber, Naked City and other places known for their commercial beer offerings. There is a plan to do some brewery tours as well.

As for food, there are plenty of great restaurants in the Bellevue area. Some can cost you boatloads, like Daniels Broiler, but other places like Rock Bottom are tasty and affordable.

On a side note, the weekend before (fathers day) is the Washington Brewers Fest. So if you really want to make a week event of things this fest is always a fun one, and it is family friendly except on Friday night.

Latest posts

Back