Founders Harvest Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sierra Nevada's Harvest ales are delicious.

A wet hopped ale uses freshly picked hops that haven't been dried yet.

Damn! Is it out now?? I tasted this hoppy perfection last year and LOVED it! It's expensive, but worth it as a treat. Founders is my favorite "local" brewery. It edges out a few other great breweries in MI.

Three Floyd's Broodoo is their wet hopped harvest ale, and is really good too.

I just had a 22oz bomber of that and a four pack of Founder's Harvest ale over the weekend. Delicious!

Founders just released a new beer called "The Chronic". It's a bitter pale ale dominated by Summit hops.

Anyone know where to find a good Founders Harvest Ale extract clone? or maybe how to create one? I LOVE this beer!

Anyone know where to find a good Founders Harvest Ale extract clone? or maybe how to create one? I LOVE this beer!

Well, you have approximately 6 months to refine a recipe before you can actually brew it. :)

I'll dig around a bit and see what I can come up with.

They've got a really cool party to celebrate it. $8 bucks gets you a pint glass, a Harvest Ale and cover. I'll be there that night.

I just picked up two 4 packs of Founders Harvest Ale. It is one of the most delicious beers I have ever tasted! Is there anyway to brew a beer like this without using fresh hops? I would love to brew a harvest ale clone. I LOVE this beer!!!

I bought a 4-pack, but now I realize I'm gonna need another one... or two. My daughter will be coming home from Grand Rapids for T-giving; maybe I'll have her pick up a couple if I can't find any around here.

Does it seem a little mellow this year? Last year I was lovin' the IBU's, but this year it seems kinda tame. Maybe I've just gotten used to loads of American hops, so it's not so overwhelming to me now. Don't get me wrong, I still love love LOVE this beer. Just wondering if anyone else noticed a difference.

Missed the party. Was going to take wife down and have a sandwich and a beer this Saturday, but still didn't work out. I am afraid I'm going to miss it again this year!

Founders had a great pulled pork sandwhich with their Dirty Bastard in the bbq sauce. OMG, soooooo good!!

they just put this one on tap down the street to replace Blue Mountain's Cascade Harvest. i'd be hard pressed to choose a favorite between the two. both breweries are some of the best out in my opinion

I just had Heavy handed IPA and LOVED IT!! Good thing the brewery is only an hour away from my house! :rockin:

Back