November 7th, Show a friend how to homebrew day.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IXVolt

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Teach a friend to Homebrew!

I have a few friends who love my beer and are interested in brewing. They are considering taking the leap into brewing... I think I'm going to have them over and BREW. Nudging them ever closer to that knifes edge of brewing addiction.

What are your plans?

Nov 7th is SWMBO's 23rd bday.

This Saturday on the other hand is my show a friend how to brew day. Planning on doing a bunch of small all grain batches, should be a great time!

I am confused because November 1 is the first Sunday, the 7th is a Saturday....

Unfortunately, that is a little too far in advance for me to plan, but I am sure football is in order....

I got an email from my LHBS saying it was the 7th, but typically it has been just the first Sunday in November... or maybe it was Saturday.

What ever the case, it's just one more excuse to brew!

Teach a Friend to Homebrew is Saturday the 7th.

I and other member of the Niagara Association of Homebrewers will probably be at Niagara Tradition doing an AG demo.

I am a member of the Michiana Extract and Grain Association (MEGA). We have held an event the last few years. Usually invite friends, grill out, drink etc. Usually get a small handful of random people from the general public as well. We advertise at our LHBS and local pubs.

I'm showing a friend how to brew in 1 1/2 weeks. I am driving down to visit him and we are making a whole weekend out of it!

Try not to overwhelm your friend. I find its easy to gush like a schoolgirl about brewing, trying to barf out everything I have learned in one year on someone who may only be slightly interested. Don't scare them off.

Just get them hooked on something cool, then explain the basic steps and simply answer their questions as their own curiousity takes the wheel.

I was planning on getting my brother-in-law involved on Nov 7 but we decided we can't wait that long! :cross:

Gonna make a Newcastle clone this Sunday. I'll have to find someone else to teach in November! :D

Yep we do it big in Michigan....
Here's the AHC link...http://www.beertown.org/events/teach/index.html

Here's the Homebrewtalk.com/Michigan Masher's tent at the AHC spring brew at cap n cork

DSCN2793.jpg

DSCN2804.jpg

DSCN2812.jpg

DSCN2794.jpg

DSCN2795.jpg

DSCN2798.jpg

DSCN2810.jpg

DSCN2811.jpg

DSCN2819.jpg

DSCN2803.jpg

I wasn't going to start a Michigan thread til we got closer to the date since it seems most folks can't think or plan that far in advance these days.

I've found on high traffic forums like this, it's best not to announce something like this until it's like 10 days ahead or the thread will sink like a lead balloon and be forgotten.

Yep we do it big in Michigan....
Here's the AHC link...http://www.beertown.org/events/teach/index.html

Here's the Homebrewtalk.com/Michigan Masher's tent at the AHC spring brew at cap n cork

I wasn't going to start a Michigan thread til we got closer to the date since it seems most folks can't think or plan that far in advance these days.

I might be back in the Detroit-area visiting family that weekend, if so, I'll definitely have to stop by and introduce myself and hang for a bit, if I'm welcome of course. I'm thinking that weekend might be a good time to pick up a kegging system from Adventures in Homebrewing as well, they seem to have pretty good prices.

:off: sorry :off:

I might be back in the Detroit-area visiting family that weekend, if so, I'll definitely have to stop by and introduce myself and hang for a bit, if I'm welcome of course. I'm thinking that weekend might be a good time to pick up a kegging system from Adventures in Homebrewing as well, they seem to have pretty good prices.

:off: sorry :off:

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Keep me posted.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Keep me posted.

I've been thinking I need to go to this as well. I live in Roseville and Cap n cork is the store I always go to. I'm still doing extract but would like a demo in AG.

I've been thinking I need to go to this as well. I live in Roseville and Cap n cork is the store I always go to. I'm still doing extract but would like a demo in AG.

There's plenty of folks who show up to brew who brew extract. It's good to have people showing off all manner of brewing. From super shiny saabco righs to us with our turkey fryers and coolers, and extract batches as well.

Watch for a thread on it as we get closer.

Back