My portable dispenser project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spannaflicka

Reaction score
Hi guys I just wanted to shear my project

Here's what I started with

image-2416903727.jpg

Cut a hole for the keg

image-2088168120.jpg

Keg in place

image-3125297681.jpg

How I attached my c02

image-1967861394.jpg

C02 bottle in place

image-4100373029.jpg

Now just waiting for the gas QD and the tap

This is a portable way to keep my keg cold when I go to BBQs and such. Why just have beer on tap when your at home?

Cool. There's been one of those floating around on Craigslist in my area. Maybe I'll pick it up. Neat idea.

phoenixs4r said:
Cool. There's been one of those floating around on Craigslist in my area. Maybe I'll pick it up. Neat idea.

Cheers. I thort it was a little more unique than just a jockey box. I will be testing it out at the end of the month so will let you know how well it keeps temps. On a side note the lid is quite thick and not a job just done with a knife as I thort. Ended up using a 4"grinder.

Hey Spanna, where did you get the small CO2 cylinder and the reg from?

Have u poured with it? Wont you have issues with foaming since there is no hose between the tap

mattd2 said:
Hey Spanna, where did you get the small CO2 cylinder and the reg from?

From a gas welding shop. They are 900 grams cylinders they are disposable but I filled them with dry ice to get another run outta them. Seem to be doing the trick. I got them from trademe the equivalent if your eBay.

davis119 said:
Have u poured with it? Wont you have issues with foaming since there is no hose between the tap

I have only poured soda water with it at this stage, and found 1-2 psi works well. I am hoping this also works with carbed beer.

From a gas welding shop. They are ninety grams cylinders they are disposable but I filled them with dry ice to get another run outta them. Seem to be doing the trick. I got them from trademe the equivalent if your eBay.

My ebay? Tauranga is not that far away (although I do by more stuff from ebay that trademe)! :D
Where do you get the dry ice from, and how much is it?

mattd2 said:
My ebay? Tauranga is not that far away (although I do by more stuff from ebay that trademe)! :D
Where do you get the dry ice from, and how much is it?

Hay ya sory I didn't check. Dry ice is from BOC it's ruffly 5 bucks a kg plus a 10 buck container if u don't bring a chilly bin You just unscrew of the top and crunch the dry ice and put it in till bout 3/4 of the bottle you can tell by the ice build up on the outside. Then screw the valve back on

Back