Homebrew competitions? First timer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmcogar

Reaction score
So, I brewed my first all original recipe. Also my first all grain brew. I just read there is a competition from the AHA. I want to enter but I don't want to mess up any way and get disqualified.

Any packing tips?
How do I label my brew? (name, beer type, ingredients?)
How do I get it there safely and correctly?

Anyone else entering this competition?

My brew won't even be ready until its time to ship. I wish I could have someone try it before I ship it out. I also just want to see what and how they score it.

Cheers

Packing tips: Wrap your bottles in a plastic bag. Wrap everything in a garbage bag. Pack WELL around it all. If it leaks the shipping company will not like it.

The entry forms and bottle ID forms will be downloadable from the website hosting the competition. In general you will fill out an entry form with the name of beer, style etc. Each bottle will have a small label with some information as well, but remember you can ONLY attach the bottle ID tag with a rubber band! The instructions should supply all pertinent information.

Don't ship via US Postal Service. It's against the law.

You can ship via private company, like UPS. It's only against their policy, so you won't get arrested or fined. And don't write "BEER" on the side of the box!

The AHA competition is a HUGE event. I am sure there are a great number of persons from this site entering.

Thanks buddy, much appreciated. I hope my brew is better then everyone else's. :)

Cheers

Back