u want to try mead!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first batch was Joe's Ancient Orange Mead which can be found in the Mead section in the Recipes link at the top of the page. Very fast and easy to make, and difficult to screw up.

For your first batch you should try a simple thing what I call "mead"
It's just honey, water and yeast together in fermentation. Just concentrate on your SG if you don't want it too sweet or too dry.

You might try this:

3lbs honey, go for a good varietal (orange blossom, teupelo, mesquite, etc...)
Yeast nutrient / energizer / D. A. P. (follow directions on pkg.)
Water to 1 gallon

Mix all the ingredients in the blender, you might want to use hot water (NOT boiling) to make mixing quick & easy. The blender will super areate the must & mix it very well.
Check must temp, take OG reading & pour into fermentation vessel. Follow directions on yeast pkg & pitch yeast of choice. Then wait for the magic to happen. Sniff the airlock once in a while, we all do.

Or you could have a look in the recipe database:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f80/

Regards, GF.

Thank you guys :) I mite have to go ahead an try to different batches an see how it turns out.

My first batch was Joe's Ancient Orange Mead which can be found in the Mead section in the Recipes link at the top of the page. Very fast and easy to make, and difficult to screw up.
I concur with the easy and difficult to screw up, but I disagree with the fast part.

Back