Calling All Metal Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!! some of those bands bring back lots of memories!!! I always were, am and will be a metal head!!!

Overkill
Suicidal Tendencies
Prong
D.R.I
Testament
Cannibal Corpse
Obituary
Megadeth
The Almighty JUDAS PRIEST
Death Angel
Slayer
Morbid Angel
...just to name a few

skullbaby1974 said:
WOW!! some of those bands bring back lots of memories!!! I always were, am and will be a metal head!!!

Overkill
Suicidal Tendencies
Prong
D.R.I
Testament
Cannibal Corpse
Obituary
Megadeth
The Almighty JUDAS PRIEST
Death Angel
Slayer
Morbid Angel
...just to name a few

I'm an old timer too. That's a good list. I've had this discussion with my buds:

When they put all us Headbangers in a home someday what will it sound like walking down the halls? I do some service work at these type places and around here I still here way too much polka.

I'm an old timer too. That's a good list. I've had this discussion with my buds:

When they put all us Headbangers in a home someday what will it sound like walking down the halls? I do some service work at these type places and around here I still here way too much polka.

:D Maybe we'll get an adjoining room to Dickenson and Halford

lately I've been listening to Adrenaline Mob and the new Trivium album, looking forward to new releases next month from Mastodon and Dream Theater

Favourite metal band of all time is, wihout a doubt, Mercyful Fate/King Diamond. Been listening to them/him since '84....always been my favourite.

Other bands that top my list:
-Celtic Frost
-(old) Metallica
-Megadeth
-Overkill
-Slayer
-Testament
-Death Angel
-Judas Priest
-High On Fire
-Goatwhore
-Skeletonwitch

But it's all about Mercyful Fate, really!

Toxic Holocaust - Evil Never Dies (yellow vinyl) spinning and a glass of IPA, could be worse. :rockin:

Swedish "obscure" Old School Heavy Metal :rockin:

It's a shame i can't afford it whenever it pops up on "ebay".

and some more

Last edited by a moderator:

Old brittish stuff

Sweet! :rockin:

Speaking of old school Swedish metal... remember these guys?

Yeah, altough not that record, only power games and S/t.
I checked them and Heavy Load at the same time, the latter was more to my taste.

Gonna go see Ufomammut tonight, as long as they do a decent version of Lacrimosa I'll be pleased.

*goes to get a homebrew*

Anyone catching any shows in the near future? I'm seeing a few bands within the next couple of months: Keep of Kalessin, Mayhem, Opeth, Katatonia, probably Devin Townshend. I think I'm forgetting a couple.

Don't catch many live shows anymore but I have seen Mayhem a handful of times in the past and they were always awesome!

Just found out that Pentagram will do a show here december 5th :rockin:

I had originally planned to go see YOB, Kongh and Dark Castle tonight but then I found out that Danava (hadn't heard of them before) also played tonight and got recommended to check them out.
So now I'm gonna go see them instead, the venue for that show is better, cheaper tickets, cheaper beer, nicer atmosphere and no steroid pumped guys as "security".

(rather long intro)

So how was it?

Sadly I have to say that it was decent. It felt kind of drawn out, but at moments it was just wonderful.

Altough, Danava was completely excellent! I heard that they'll come back here later on in the spring, and I highly recommend you guys to go see them if they play somewhere nearby you.

I'm a young guy in the metal scene.

Hatebreed
Heaven Shall Burn
Parkway Drive
Mushroomhead (got to show some local love)
OTEP
Through the Eyes of the Dead
The Haunted
In the Midst of Lions
Chelsea Grin
As Blood Runs Black
Mastodon
Animosity
Aborted
The Tony Danza Tap Dance Extravaganza
Converge
Dead to Fall

I'be been on a power metal trip lately. Hammerfall, Iron Savior, Paramaze, Pursuader, Dark Tranquility, Helloween, Blind Guardian, etc. I still love me some CoB and Three Inches of Blood.

I have been hearing some megadeath on the local radio lately. The last album I bought was countdown. I'm going to buy everything from that point on. Mustain is so cool. I can recognize MD always. I love that they just keep doing their thing unlike one other I can think of but choose not to.

Been on a shoegazing and Sludgecore spree.

I think I might be in the mood for some of that, got any good recommendations?

Gonna go see Bombus tonight

Kinda Mastodon-ish

I think I might be in the mood for some of that, got any good recommendations?

Gonna go see Bombus tonight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCdccPqT5AI
Kinda Mastodon-ish

Eyehategod, Iron Monkey, Orange Goblin, Yob, Baroness, Electric Wizard, Isis, Weedweater it's what i've been on lately.

I realize some of the bands are fusion or more stoner-ish bands, but i've been on a Stoner binge aswell.

Cheers.

Awesome stuff guys, thanks for posting. Just got a big pile of new material to digest so hopefully some or all will be worth sharing. Been really hung up on all Agalloch for some time now... If you've never really "listened" you owe it to yourself... Truly amazing music that will really "grow" on you... Play the white ep for your mom then roll with marrow or ashes out in the garage, not to mention pale folklore, which is a masterpiece.

Man I feel like the biggest noob, for not knowing who Root was. Thanks a lot for this band. I have been super busy recently, but will be listening to alot of these suggestions as well. A lot of this just takes me back, a lot of bands I havent heard in a while.

I would like to put up one of my favorites. In the woods! Long intro but amazing song.

Back