need a new scale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z987k

Reaction score
somehow my scale broke last time I was brewing so I need to go buy another before Thursday so online is out.

Anyone know good scales that measure down to say .5oz but then up to at least 3-5lbs.

I have this one, and love it:

escali-primo.jpg

I saw some fairly good scales at wal-mart and target (since you don't have time for shipping). I believe they sell the one posted above.

All the LHBS around me carry these. It is super nice as it does lbs, oz, lbs and oz, grams, and kg. It has a max capacity of like 18lbs.

If you can find it that would be my rec.

I always recommend checking your local ... uh, "alternative" goods store. They usually have digi's under 20 bucks. They're annoying for bulk grain, but the precision is very nice for hops.

On another thread on this forum Kevin mentioned the same Digital Postal scales. The 0.2oz sensitivity is on the 50# and up scales while the 35# is 0.1oz sensitivity. Just paid 96 cents for a 35# scale, $15.87 shipping. Comes with a 120 to 9 volt adapter.
Careful the "FEDS" might be monitoring this thread you hop or was that pot heads?

got a $20 digital one from walmart and it has 1/8th ounce sensitivity so that works for me!

Back