lets see your full Fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pilsner.

ForumRunner_20130907_223521.png

This is my 13 month old Kriek on fruiting day. Been on the fresh sour cherries for about 2 months now.

image-1137824684.jpg

Split a 5 gallon kolsch yesterday... kegged half, and added grapes to the other half. I was expecting much more activity than I have seen so far on the grape side, hence the headspace.

2013-09-08.jpg

My first attempt at a Belgian Golden Strong. It's not very golden and won't be very strong thanks to 62% efficiency. Right next to a tiny keg of delicious strIPA (strawberry IPA from FireWheel brewing in Rowlett, TX) in my kegerator birthday present from my wife.

image-86698372.jpg

Deception cream stout!!! That's after I pitched two different types of yeast and I froze the wort after I pitched (on accident) these yeast are beast!

image-2406765917.jpg

My first 5 gallon batch(Midwest Liberty Cream Ale) in secondary.

This is one of my house beers, I make it all the time. You don't have to use Cascade for the bittering though. I have use Willamette and Warrior and both have come out great.

Also, try WLP060 American Ale yeast blend. It came out great!

SeattleBrews said:
I'm new to homebrewing. It looks like you have a lot of headroom in those fermenters. More than I expected. How much is ok?

I'm going to say as much headroom as you can offer. I thought I left enough but still could have had some more. I guess a high OG of 1071 with a big yeast goes crazy! Fresh/wet hop IPA, day 5.

image-1194246508.jpg

Very first batch.... Went big.... Imperial IPA, day three of the 1st fermentation

OG of 1.084... Hope my first batch taste as good as it smells!!!

image-4118301243.jpg

image.jpg
Well it has been awhile since I posted pics of our brews knocked out 48gal yesterday. Friends still have some in carboys from a while back.

most of this was from this last weekend.
IMG_20131007_230749_823_zps3995c981.jpg

L > R
3 minis = some extra mild wort that i pitched some older sour cake onto
1.120 pumpkin ale
the 2 3 gallons are palmers oaked mild
sour better bottle is a lambic
behind that is a golden promise moteuka smash

Back