Tri clover convertion.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mux

Reaction score
image-215862407.jpg

Almost complete.

I cut open two more kegs and punched them for the welder. The mash tun is a bottom drain keggle with a jay bird false bottom, all tri clover. The boil kettle is a keggle with a brewers hardware element adapter and tri clover dip tube.

Today the 1" tro clover ball valves and 1 triclover by 3/4 hose barbs came in. should be brewing on the new system next month.

image-2925664351.jpg

image-991557365.jpg

First run is going awesome. Bottom drain mash run was super easy to clean.

brewershardware.com is awesome! Nothing but good things to say about them.

any pictures of inside the mash tun? Would like to see how the false bottom fits with the bottom drain. Nice set up!

After going with the tri-clover on my system with the threaded style, I have learned you did it the right way. I did it for easy disconnects, should have added the importance of no threads. Would have made it so easy to break down and clean. Nice!

I'll post more pictures tonight. If your looking for a good welder in the Chicago area look up colebeer78. I love how modular my brewery is with tri clover. I can change to any configuration and easily completely tear down after brewing to clean.

DrPhilGood said:
how much did the welds cost you?

I mainly traded gear for the welding. Contact colebeer78 he is very reasonable.

image-710778248.jpg

image-1124270151.jpg

image-1748154451.jpg

image-1256577328.jpg

image-4280918924.jpg

image-1967987099.jpg

I'll document the brew day with pictures. Brewing a Belgian pale/ blonde with a left over cake of WLP400.

image-2334440700.jpg

I cut off the sta-con from the rtd and replaced it with an RJ-45. I ran a 2 cat 6 from the control a 1900 box with 3 jacks. This allows me to move each probe between each PID.

image-4043488771.jpg

image-3982170677.jpg

Start the laughter.

image-61669518.jpg

I use a stainless colander to distribute the sparge evenly and leave the grain bed undisturbed.

image-4171218387.jpg

Looks nice. So you decided not to use the tri clover tee on the mash tun? Also are you using three elements? If so how are you running the hlt element and rims element simultaneously?

DrPhilGood said:
Looks nice. So you decided not to use the tri clover tee on the mash tun? Also are you using three elements? If so how are you running the hlt element and rims element simultaneously?

No tee. I had a ferrule welded in later for a thermowell. Right now I alternate rims and HLT. But I'm in the process of upgrading to a 50 and control panel.

Back