Homemade Tap handles...pics inside

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolkphoto

Reaction score
Since this is one of the few things that my wife doesn't share my love of, in fact she thinks I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to these hobby obsessions of mine, I thought i'd share my new tap handles w/ some fellow beer geeks. I took some nice 1.5" square pieces of pine from my big box store. Beat em up with a dremel, sand blasted em, torched em w/ a butane torch, and stained them. I'm quite happy with them. Here they are on my new kegerator set up.

3327-a.jpg

closer
3328-closeup.jpg

close up
3329-detail.jpg

Yeah. Really nice!

If you were doing a farmhouse or country inn thing, those would be perfect.

Or an old rake handle, I guess.

Thanks guys! They're a little beefy, but I like them.

Hoppenflan....flan is part of a nickname i have for SWMBO and she wanted to name the ipa....so I listened ;)

They look really cool, i think you should just engrave them or something to finish them off...

I thought about adding something, not sure I wanna engrave them...a buddy of mine is a welder, and I may have him pound out some letters, and make them rough looking and attatch a spike to it to mount them.

Back