Ranco Controller Not Working..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Have had a new single stage Ranco hooked up to a chest freezer for over a month now. Couple days ago I came out to find that it said 68. Everything is in order with the Ranco, temp/diff wise. Plugged the freezer directly into an outlet and it turned on.

Has anyone else has a problem with their Ranco or any suggestions/troubleshooting??

Thanks

Hi

The freezer turned on when plugged into the outlet - did it cool down? I have seen brand new freezers that seem to run fine. They make all the right noises. The lights come on. They just don't cool.

If it's the Ranco, check the settings and the wiring to the contacts.

Bob

Yup the freezer works properly when plugged in directly.

Checked the wiring on the Ranco and everything is correct and has a good connection.

Can't seem to find any contact info on the manufacturers or anything?

Hi

Lamp plugged into controller:

Probe in hot glass of water = lamp on

Probe in bucket full of ice = lamp off

Bob

Tried it with a lamp. It is set at 36, read 76 and didn't turn the lamp on. Tells me it is definitely the Ranco. Not sure what to do now. Tried calling Pex Supply and ETC Supply as I have bought from both of them and neither have returned my calls in days.

Anyone out there have the manufactures info, cant find it online.

Thanks

Back