November '09 chat swap thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saccharomyces

Be good to your yeast...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
** This swap is closed this thread is for coordinating trades and feedback on swap beers **

The Participants:

Saccharomyces (arranging)
Joe C
c0bra
p4ck37p1mp

The Rules:

Participants will send 5, 10, 15, or 20 bottles to Sacc and will receive as many bottles as they send from other brewers. Homebrew/commercial mix. Anything goes. Everyone should ship by 11/16. As soon as Sacc has all the beers they will be shipped back in the same packaging. Return shipping is to be paid by each participant if a prepaid return label is not provided.

Using a centralized location for the swap minimizes shipping costs, time in travel, and allows you to pay 2x for shipping while trading with others.

Please post what you are sending and when you expect to ship here, along with any special requests for beers you would like to receive. Reviews of swap beers should be posted in this thread.

Unfortunately the good small breweries and brewpubs here in Kansas City (McCoy's, Freestate, Blind Tiger, etc) do not bottle, or at least not in any quantities that I have seen.

And as I have no homebrew to send I'll have to get beer from some of the larger breweries (Boulevard, mostly). Here is my current list:

Boulevard Single-Wide IPA
Boulevard Nutcracker (Winter Seasonal)
Boulevard Bob's 47 (Oktoberfest)
Tallgrass Buffalo Sweat Stout
Flying Monkey IPA

I know there's other stuff from O'Fallon, Flying Monkey, and Tallgrass, but I haven't tried enough of them to feel good about sending them out. As it is I feel bad for not being able to send some Freestate :(

I'm open to any requests.

I will be sending some of my Imperial Stout aged in a blue corn whiskey barrel and some of my year+ old tripel. I will also send along some beers from Real Ale brewing in Blanco, TX plus any special requests. You can find the beers we get here by searching specsonline.com.

Special requests:
c0bra wants some Flanders Red. I will send a bottle each of De Proef Zoetzuur and Duchess de Bourgogne for him.
SporkD2 requests winter warmers so I will send some '08 St. Arnold's Christmas beer.

As of right now I'll probably send 10 or 15 bombers. I currently have my IPA and 2 different APAs ready. Sorry for the lack of variety, but it's what I've been brewing. I'm also willing to pick up some commercial bottles too if anyone has any requests.

Does anyone have any brewery that they would like to try but can't get their hands on? I don't know what's available here in NJ that is not available elsewhere. Let me know and I'll see what I can find for everyone.

Off the top of my head, these are some of the breweries that might not be available to someone outside if the area:

Riverhorse, Cricket Hill, Flying Fish, Victory, Troegs, Blue Point, Brooklyn Brewery.

My main craft beer store also gets a lot of:
Stone, Dogfish Head, Avery, Southern Tier, Rogue, Weyerbacher

I'll take whatever anyone wants to send! Since I'm in MA all of my homebrew is in CT, so I'm headin to the packy to see what sorts of fun stuff i can find that is local :)

c0bra wants some Flanders Red. I will send a bottle each of De Proef Zoetzuur and Duchess de Bourgogne for him.

That sounds good to me, I also would love Southern Tier and all but Brooklyn from NJ (we get Brooklyn here).

I will have some 12ozers of my oak aged RIS, will have to look and see how many of whatever I have in bottles. I can send Terrapin, Sweetwater, Red Brick etc that is local to ATL.

I would love to get in on this if possible. I can send 10 bottles with a return label for fedex.

Ok, I'll probably hit the craft brew store this afternoon. So far I'll pick up some Souther Tier for p4ck. Any style preference? They have a decent Imperial Choklat Stout. I'll see what else they have at the store.

Anyone else have any requests before I hit there later?

I got 11 different beers today for you guys, couple things from Sweetwater and Atlanta Brewing Company, Terrapin, Thomas Creek, French Broad, Holy Mackerel, etc all localish to me. One bottle each of my oak aged RIS. Unfortunately I don't bottle much and the only thing worthy of bottling is my IBA but I may not get to bottle that before I ship this out.

I went today also and got some schafly and o'fallon brewery stuff. Mostly winter beers such as porters and stouts. Im going to get this in the mail tomorrow.

Here's what I've got for the swap:
Picture5463.jpg

From Right to left:
Southern Tier Creme Brule, Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin, Innis and Gunn oak aged, McNeils Oatmeal Stout, Allagash Four Ale, Three Philosophers Belgian Sour Blend, Berkshire brewing coffeehouse porter, Berkshire brewing private stock, Cisco Brewers' Baggywrinkle Barleywine, Cisco Brewer's Moor Porter.
Picture5464.jpg

Picture5465.jpg

Picture5466.jpg

Also, just for fun I'm going to throw in:
Ipswitch Brewery IPA and Ipswitch Ale
Picture5467.jpg

Hope everyone likes!

I don't have any homebrew in MA, otherwise I would send some!

Here are a few others I picked up today:
Picture5468.jpg

Picture5470.jpg

WTF? Is this a home brew swap or a commercial swap? You guys brew, right?

How many commercial and how many home brews is everyone sending?

I was thinking about 5 commercial bombers and 10 (2 varieties) of homebrew. I'll ship Friday on my day off.

Again, I don't have access to my homebrew right now, so I figured I'd give a taste of new england.

I'm also having to send out commercial because I dont have anything bottled right now :( but everything is from my local area

Sorry,.. I wasn't actually mad or nothing. I just want to make sure I'm sending the right stuff in, it's cool...

I brew for myself and my brothers but I would like to expand the horizon.Some of my bottles may say corona or have no lables.Is it to late to get in on the swap?I am no pro just a hobbiest.

I brew for myself and my brothers but I would like to expand the horizon.Some of my bottles may say corona or have no lables.Is it to late to get in on the swap?I am no pro just a hobbiest.

Unfortunately, it is too late for this swap. But stick around and maybe you can be involved in a swap!

I probably won't be able to ship out until this weekend, sorry guys. Working 7-7 makes it a bit tough to get to UPS

I probably won't be able to ship out until this weekend, sorry guys. Working 7-7 makes it a bit tough to get to UPS

You could do the online thing, print out a label and have them come pick it up. I used to ship FedEx this way.

c0bra's is out for delivery. I have all my goodies ready to send now except for the barrel aged Imperial Stout, which still needs to be bottled.

Got 9 big bottles and 2 small from Joe C.
Got 20 small bottles and 2 large bottles from c0bra.
p4ck's are still on the way.
I have 6 large bottles and as many small bottles as we need to complete the swap. No, it's not Bud Light either. :D

Small trade 2 for 1 large so you should roughly get back as much as you sent. I bottled my imperial stout and barrel aged imperial stout in 12oz bottles because it's pretty boozy.

Shipped out today.

*&@%in' UPS wouldn't take one of p4ck's boxes because it was a Rum box so I had to stick the box inside another box and drive back over to the UPS store to drop it off.

Hope everybody enjoys the goodies. We certainly ended up with quite a selection, I believe I ended up with about 14 different beers!

Back