Radio Flyers, remember when you were a kid...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brauhaus

Reaction score
Radio Flyer, perhaps the greatest wagon names in the world...

In the Summer on top of that grassy hill, or steep gravel road, your army dudes lined up, action figures ready for battle you'd jump onto your flyer and zoom down the hill with such great speeds that not even the fastest kid, or dog in the neighborhood could catch you... Steering through wicked turns at a dizzying pace that not even a swam of bees that you just pissed off could catch you, nor handle the maneuvers you threw down. The sounds of the grass underneath the flyer as you soared through the hills and set sparks flying when you hit the blacktop of a summer's eve the broke the rear wheels off your wagon...

AHHH, those were some great times... sadly, today's kids are being pu55ified:

What in the hell is this:

2700.jpg

are you kidding me? what adventures are to be had in that? BOO!

From a parents point of view that is a much better kid lugger, we use it all the time for the two boys, from a kids point of view it is el-sucko, mainly because the handle isn't attached to the the wheels (ie no steering).

We have that exact RF and it is AWESOME! My boy loves to be hauled around in that thing. What's more is it is a 3 in 1 meaning he can take a nap in it too, and he has on a few occasions.

But, I am with you too. I loved my old rusty RF for downhill slolemns. The hospitals loved the income too.

We have a classic RF and it's mainly used by me when we have to haul around a cooler. The kids would much rather ride a bike or a scooter

I think they worked best with a crooked handle, bent wheel, and some rust............:D

RF-18-2T.jpg

ya know why the hndles were crooked right?

the final inspectors at the plant found that it was safer if the handle was prebent and would then collapse instead of poking thru the kid:D

i remember hooking up my malamute/siberian mix to that and the cat bolting out of the house, fortunately i wasn't in it......my brother was tho:D

from a kids point of view it is el-sucko, mainly because the handle isn't attached to the the wheels (ie no steering).

Yeah, how the hell are you suppose to steer the thing while sitting in it and flying down a hill. :confused: That ruins all the fun. I have many memories of riding in them down my street and almost dying mutliple times.

My kids' Radio Flyer had wheels with pneumatic tires. Those wheels are all that's left of their wagon. I recycled them and they are now the tires on my brew sculpture:

stand_2.jpg

[ulr]http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v218/prymertyme/?action=view&current=07-28-08_2144.jpg[/url]

I take it you like "lowered" cars...

I was once the owner of a lowered Chevy Silverado C1500...

anyway, any kid in a low-rider RF is pimpin' :D

For some reason I have the urge to dig up my old RF and take on the hill in front of my parent's house again...

I take it you like "lowered" cars...

I was once the owner of a lowered Chevy Silverado C1500...

anyway, any kid in a low-rider RF is pimpin' :D

For some reason I have the urge to dig up my old RF and take on the hill in front of my parent's house again...

ya, bit of a lowerd car/truck junkie!

current truck
328288657_vdNii-M.jpg

02 ranger, 4/5 drop, mostly stock other than the suspension, not sure what else im going to do with it.

sold this summer
285372122_oUJiz-M-1.jpg

285372765_nAuzb-M-1.jpg

full air ride suspension, 18" wheels, bunch of stuff shaved, custom seats/interior work. lots of other stuff i cant remember.

My boy just got a Radio Flyer from my parents for Christmas It is the normal metal red wagon with steering in the handle. Big Pneumatic tires. I am not young enough to remember the wagon as a toy to ride. I always assumed they were just to hauling stuff and people. I couldn't imagine flying down a hill in that trying to steer with that handle!

Back