10 days primary | A couple questions | Pictures

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S2005

Reaction score
So it has been 10 days. Here is an update on the pictures.

Again, this is my first 5 gallon batch, and first time in a clear carboy, so I just want to make sure it looks right!

I'm going with a 3-2-1 because I added honey. If you think it should stay in a certain stage longer or shorter, let me know! I'm still a rookie!

Also, temps, that fermometer was down to about 60 the other day. I'm guessing that is fine. It averages around 64.

I don't see any fuzz. So that's good.

How about my temps and planned time table?

The airlock has cheap whiskey in it, as I don't own vodka... Haha

next brew, just use some distilled water. It's a lot cheaper, and you don't have the chance of getting whiskey in a batch that you don't want whiskey in. That small an amount of whiskey wouldn't even come through in the flavor profile, but still...

Looks like beer!

Only beef I have with 3-2-1 is that the typical baseline for most beers in bottles is 3 weeks at 70 degrees. You will likely be quite disappointed in your beer if you start opening bottles seven days in.

Thanks for the replies guys!

I apparently mis understood my own question.

I meant
3 in fermentor
2 in bottles at 70
1 in the fridge
Is that good?

And yeah i do plan on doing that whiskey shot haha

Bump for:

Thanks for the replies guys!

I apparently mis understood my own question.

I meant
3 in fermentor
2 in bottles at 70
1 in the fridge
Is that good?

And yeah i do plan on doing that whiskey shot haha

Back