A couple of Questions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMessenger79

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been searching this forum for months, planning my electric brewery. It will consist of 2 keggles and a 10 gallon cooler for a MLT.
I can't seem to find SPST ON/OFF switches from Auber Ins. Are these them?
Also, I am looking into being able to run both elements together, Is there a huge difference between using 5500W and 4500W heating elements?
I know that 5500W would be to much for 50A but I am trying to decide on 50A(4500W) or 60A(5500W).
I have found one of PJ's diagrams, here that seem to fit my needs... Thank you, if you happen to read this!!

That switch is an SPST but with two sets of contacts. So you'd just pick the set of contacts you want when you wire it up based on switch position (NO or NC).

I run two elements on 50A - one 4500w (Boil) and one 5500w (HLT) - the theory being that the BK doesn't need to push the temp as far after sparge - 170ish up to 212 is much easier than 60* tap water up to 150* strike temperatures.

At least - that's the theory - mine is still a pile of parts on the dining room table, slowly being wired together.

Back