Video Games

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exo said:
My first??? Commodore 64...

I used to run a BBS off of a commodore 128!! man that was a long time ago.....i cant rember the first comp. i ever had it was this little black keyboard fith a tape drive i think it was a sinclair 1000 or something like that
:mug:

I've been spending lots of time (other than brewing and work), playing Baldur's Gate II. I've just beat it, and now I'm trying Icewind Dale. I've heard many great things about Neverwinter Nights, so I'll probably try that next. I've never played them multiplayer online, but it is possible, and sounds like fun.

I'm cheap and like to wait several years until the games are marked down before buying them (ebay, amazon, thrift store, etc). Besides, with games like these, it might take me a whole year to finish them. Civilization II was excellent, even for me playing last year!

A friend of mine is trying to get me into multiplayer Mech Warrior 4. I'll try it out, but I'm more into the "thinking" games of strategy and less tactical "guns blazing", which is what MW4 sounds like.

FIFA 2006 (soccer, for those of you scratching your head) is fun as well and easier to find a stopping point than the ones listed above.

I've got to get the gaming out of my system before my son gets old enough to know what I'm doing and start copying me. My wife will never forgive me :D

omglvl40.jpg

I've been a PC gamer forever, startingwith 'Adventure' and 'Hunt the Wumpus' (on cartridges!) on my old TI-99.

Now I'm addicted to WoW, the first MMO to really suck me in. Started playing right after my daughter was born about 16 months ago, when taking care of her meant staying up at night so I could feed and change her every 3 hours while SWMBO slept. My shift would end around 3am. I'm a nightowl, so it worked out great for us.
I also tried DND online when it came out, but it bored me so much I never even played out my free month that came with it. And considering I was a pen and paper D&D player for something like 25 years, thats not good!.
I'm also looking forward to NWN2, loved the first one.
For you guys looking for old-time games check out the Home of the Underdogs
www.the-underdogs.info
they offer old games and manuals for download, all games that are no longer in production, and focusing on games they feel did not get the recognition they deserved at the time. It may not be 100% legal in all cases, but if they find out a game is being sold in any way (besides used) they pull it.
WoW players, I'm mostly Toecutter on the Spirestone server (Horde), come join our crappy little guild, The Warsong Legion :)

I also had a TI99/4a that the school used to let us take home for a week at a time. First one we owned was an Apple IIC 128Kb w/internal floppy. Went away from computers for a long time, until I was 24 and got a job answering support line at night while I was in school for economics. Now I am an IT manager. DOH!

If you call FlightSims gaming, then I do a lot. Love any flight sim I can get my hands on. Got myself all nerded up with the Yoke and stick controls, throttle module and rudder pedals.

Used to game a lot, now I just wait and pick up games that I really want to play, go nuts with them for a month or so, then detox. I play/played AOE, HL, HLII, Counterstrike, Opp Force, Dungeon Siege, Farcry, Halo, MOHAA, Sinent Hunter, Unreal Tournament/UT 2003, Dark Force.

Loved playing Exodus:Ultima IV on my IIC though. I have an original flavor PS that I play golf on once in a while.

i only play the total war series online with my 'friends' been playing with the same group of nerds going on four years now...

we mostly play medieval total war/viking invasion, and sometimes log into rome to play a mod or two. many of the old timers in the totalwar community were dissapointed with the multiplay of rome, and moved on, but there is still a core of the old guard.

maybe the new release this fall will bring more back.

Yeah I've got a solid World of Warcraft addiction. Take my advice, if you enjoy your other hobbies, STAY AWAY from this game! Even though I try to resist, I end up playing every day, even if it's just for a few minutes. Plus, because of the way the game is set up, you need to organize 40 people for a lot of things... so you end up planning your real life around your virtual one.

It's kind of embarassing to be into it so much, but at the same, I have a ton of fun playing it.

I've got 8 characters on Zul'jin, including a 60 warrior and 60 priest.

During the few times I'm not playing World of Warcraft, I'm picking my way through Half-Life 2 or playing various Xbox 360 games. I think it's safe to say I'm a videogame addict to the nth degree.

The elder scrolls game.. they should stop making all games an focus on these holy thread necro!!!

My first online video game was SOCOM. Was so addicted to that. Heavily involved in clan play. Ranked on the leaderboards, etc. Played the heck out of SOCOM 2 and SOCOM 3 also. Cheaters eventually ruined pretty much every SOCOM game.

Then came FFXI. I got hooked on that for 4+ years. After I quit that I swore to myself I would never play another MMO again. So far I've stuck to it. It just drained the life out of me. It was like a job.

I've played all the Resident Evil series. Loved those.

I mainly stick to TPS games. The only time I vary from that is Borderlands. It's the closest I'll come to a RPG.

Right now playing Borderlands 2 quite a bit.

My son has it on ore-order and can't wait! I on the other hand am holding out for GTA V.

One of the best games of all time is coming out at midnight. I already told my wife to not be surprised when I'm playing my XBOX 360 when she leaves for work @ 8:30AM.

IGN has given it a fricking 9.8!

http://www.ign.com/games/halo-4/xbox-360-110563

I'm so stoked!

pre ordered it for 45$ :mug:

halo 3 was good...

halo reach sucked

Reach was great, albeit different than 3.

what do you think

4 is pretty damn cool. Its like a mix between modern warfare and reach. They brought back some of the classic halo 3 junk as well. Verdicts still out whether or not its better than reach though. I played reach for a very long time....

Anyway, sorry for jumping in on the conversation :eek:

what do you think

It's awesome. The first time I watched the first cut scene I was actually unsure if it was video or graphics. I played it through on easy and beat the game. The campaign is somewhat short, so that was a tiny bit disappointing. I'm going back through and playing on legendary though and holy crap! If you make one small mistake you're dead in 1-2 seconds. It's pretty brutal!

There's a plot twist regarding the Promethians.

SPOILER ALERT!

The Promethians are a "more advanced" digital/biological human race.

END SPOILER ALERT!!!

Overall, I LOVE the game. The new weapons are amazing, the backdrops look phenominal, the Promethians are a great addition and you still get to fight the covenant.

There is a plot twist involving Cortana as well. You find that out on the first level.

I give a definite thumbs up for Halo 4.

It's awesome. The first time I watched the first cut scene I was actually unsure if it was video or graphics. I played it through on easy and beat the game. The campaign is somewhat short, so that was a tiny bit disappointing. I'm going back through and playing on legendary though and holy crap! If you make one small mistake you're dead in 1-2 seconds. It's pretty brutal!

There's a plot twist regarding the Promethians.

SPOILER ALERT!

The Promethians are a "more advanced" digital/biological human race.

END SPOILER ALERT!!!

Overall, I LOVE the game. The new weapons are amazing, the backdrops look phenominal, the Promethians are a great addition and you still get to fight the covenant.

There is a plot twist involving Cortana as well. You find that out on the first level.

I give a definite thumbs up for Halo 4.

I don't know how anyone plays the campaigns. They are pretty boring. I bought reach when it came out and never finished the campaign. I've had 4 for almost a week and haven't touched the campaign. I feel like online play is the best part of the halo series.

Yup guilty played the hell out of skyrim when that came out. But mostly im a Call of duty kinda player. Wich COD black ops 2 this tuesday night. :)

Unfortunatly I have to work so im not gonna pick it up at midnight, I'll just wait when I get off work. Then I dont have to wait in line.

I got BlOps 2 on Pre order. Can't wait. I'm 30 and I'm excited to set up two tvs in my friends living room on tuesday.

I don't know how anyone plays the campaigns. They are pretty boring. I bought reach when it came out and never finished the campaign. I've had 4 for almost a week and haven't touched the campaign. I feel like online play is the best part of the halo series.

I play Halo for the campaigns. If I want to play online I play Call Of Duty.

I used to love playing halo online when 3 came out, but then everyone learned the glitches and how to cheat and it was no fun. I'll stick to cod for online and I hope the halo4 campaign lives up to the hype.

Yeah thats a problem. People mod and cheat eventually and it gets very frustrating

Currently playing Assassins Creed: Revelations and still trying to find time to work on Borderlands 1. AC:R is fun and I'm looking forward to AC 3 while Borderlands is very repetitive, which is why it keeps getting bumped.

I usually play campaign modes and that's after the game has been out for a year and is $20. I don't play that often so by the time I finish an old game there's another that was $60 not so long ago and is now $40 cheaper. In the past year I beat Uncharted 2 and then Portal 2, then Mass Effect 2, and now am near the beginning of Uncharted 3. Portal 2 with a friend is awesome.

Currently playing Assassins Creed: Revelations and still trying to find time to work on Borderlands 1. AC:R is fun and I'm looking forward to AC 3 while Borderlands is very repetitive, which is why it keeps getting bumped.

I am a HUGE AC fan. I am hoping to get a good deal on III during black friday or cyber monday.

I've been playing a lot of Diablo 3 lately.

I also play skyrim, and other RPG type games. I've lost days (probably weeks) of my life to the GTA series.

Cranny04 said:
I've been playing a lot of Diablo 3 lately.

I also play skyrim, and other RPG type games. I've lost days (probably weeks) of my life to the GTA series.

See all the news about gta V on ign.com?

Latest posts

Back