Lets see your hop harvest pics...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtbrown54

Reaction score
I live in the south and yesterday pulled my chinooks from their bines and started drying them. Check it out...

image-3073488947.jpg

image-3417461591.jpg

image-1327732785.jpg

image-382775111.jpg

image-3861865892.jpg

Love that last pic, nice job.

Up north, I am still 2-3 weeks away from harvest so I'm a little jealous. We'll be at our lake property next weekend and Labor day. So harvest for my Cascades, Williamettes, and Hallertaus will be one of those two times.

Then it'll be time to start prepping the soil for three additional varieties next spring. Hopefully do a trade with someone.

Those look great!

I'd really like to grow my own, sounds like it takes a year or two before you get decent yields? I live in Indiana, so I imagine it'll be a bit tougher.

Derek2k3 said:
Those look great!

I'd really like to grow my own, sounds like it takes a year or two before you get decent yields? I live in Indiana, so I imagine it'll be a bit tougher.

Those hops in my pics were my 1st year chinooks. I still have to pull my 2nd year cents and pearle.

DSCN0464.jpg

From a few days ago, I'm not sure if they are all ready to pick, or not. This morning I took the ones off the top that were starting to turn tan on the ends of the cone petals.

branding-iron316 said:
Where is a good place in Pittsburgh to get hopp plants to grow in the back yard?

I'd buy the online if I were you. They are relatively cheap and ship very easily. Try...

Www.freshops.com

That's where I got mine the last 2 years and I'm very happy.

SOOOOOOOOOOO jealous! I planted hops in a Hail Mary attempt this spring and it turns out my dirt sucked.

Am I the only one who gets thirsty looking at all these beautiful hops?

SOOOOOOOOOOO jealous! I planted hops in a Hail Mary attempt this spring and it turns out my dirt sucked.

Am I the only one who gets thirsty looking at all these beautiful hops?

Did the plants not make? hops plants are always really small their first year.

Finished harvest8ing my Cascades yesterday. I'll end up with over 1.5 lb. after drying. I left the rest of them on the bine because how many Cascades can you use in a year? I still have 2 lb. left from last year's harvest.

442B624A-F8A5-4F25-BA53-4D283902EB05-2505-000002FA69AC88C2.jpg

90ECBCA1-E28B-4C04-82B2-4AB7DE3EBB93-2505-000002FA9194FA8D.jpg

Back