Virginia: Rocktown Beer & Music Festival

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maltose

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm coordinating the first annual Rocktown Beer & Music Festival in Harrisonburg, Virginia. It will take place on April 23, 2011. We're going to host four amazing regional acts, and feature 30-35 of the best craft breweries from Virginia and all over the States. More details will follow, but just wanted to post a list of who will be there. It would be awesome to have some HBT'ers who are in the area stop by to check it out:

Sierra Nevada
Foothills
Sam Adams
Heavy Seas
Devil's Backbone
Cally's
Brooklyn
Terrapin
North Coast
Great Divide
Stoudt's
Uinta
21st Amendment
Starr Hill
St. George
New Holland
Lagunitas
Harpoon
Blue Mountain
Ommegang
Left Hand
Dogfish Head
Crispin
Troegs
Bell's
Flying Dog
Stone
Abita
Avery
Allagash

:mug:

I'm from Roanoke but moved to Miami last year. I probably won't be there, but I have a lot of friends in the area. I'll spread the word.

I'm absolutely interested. I live in Blacksburg currently. Should have no problem getting work off. Keep us posted.

That's awesome. I'm a new brewer down in Stuarts Draft (the irony isn't lost).
Went to JMU. Get back to H'burg all the time.
Can't wait. This is awesome!
Do you need any help?

I'm in Harrisonburg too. That's a great line up of breweries. From what I've heard there will be good music too. Hope to meet some more of the home brewers in the area. I know a few other brewers in the area frequent other forums, I might post it there too. Looking forward to it.

That's awesome. I'm a new brewer down in Stuarts Draft (the irony isn't lost).
Went to JMU. Get back to H'burg all the time.
Can't wait. This is awesome!
Do you need any help?

Currently looking for sponsors and volunteers for the Festival. I should have some more info beginning next week. Thanks for your interest!

I'm in Harrisonburg too. That's a great line up of breweries. From what I've heard there will be good music too. Hope to meet some more of the home brewers in the area. I know a few other brewers in the area frequent other forums, I might post it there too. Looking forward to it.

Dan,

I'm Jamie, the manager at Jack Brown's. Stop in sometime for a beer, I know a few other guys around town that brew. :mug:

Sounds interesting, put me and my son Josh (JMU grad) as volunteers. I mite be tempted to come down and do some set up work too if the offer was tempting.

Sheldon

If anyone is interested in volunteering for this event, please contact Kelly Brady at kelly at rocktownfestival dot com. We'll be taking good care of volunteers. Food, beers and a sweet afterparty!

Has there any update to this? The website isn't up so I cannot get the contact information to sign up as a volunteer.

The website should be up this week, but anyone interested in volunteering can email Kelly Brady at kelly at rocktownfestival dot com. I'll let you guys know asap when the site is up this week.

Just to let you guys know, our website went live today:

Rocktown Festival

You can purchase tickets, find info on the brewers, bands and volunteer if you're interested. If anyone else has any additonal questions, email me at jamie @ rocktownfestival dot com.

FESTIAL IS THIS SATURDAY THE 23RD!!!

Online ticket sales end in TWO DAYS so get your tickets at the discounted price of $23. Here's what you get:
- Ten 4 oz. samples from over 64 American craft beers
- Live music all day (Snarky Puppy, Hackensaw Boys, Larry Keel, and Yarn)
- Commemorative tasting mug

Again, there will be no macro breweries here, just the best American craft breweries. I'm one of the main organizers for the event and an avid homebrewer. If you're in the area, spend your Saturday sampling beers and listening to amazing music!

TICKETS
WEBSITE

I'm kinda confused about the $5 beer cards. Website says:

"A "Rocktown Pint card" will be available. $5 will buy you 4 more samples, card sales will be limited. Each sample will be marked off your card when you order"

Does that mean $5 will buy 4 more 4ounce pours? How many cards can you buy? Can you purchase pints too?
Thanks!

Signal1hundred said:
I'm kinda confused about the $5 beer cards. Website says:

"A "Rocktown Pint card" will be available. $5 will buy you 4 more samples, card sales will be limited. Each sample will be marked off your card when you order"

Does that mean $5 will buy 4 more 4ounce pours? How many cards can you buy? Can you purchase pints too?
Thanks!

You got it. Your initial entry price grants you ten 4 oz samples. You can get a 4 8 or 12 oz pour of any beer and your samples will be marked off accordingly (1, 2 or 3 samples).

When you run out of your ten 4 oz samples, you can purchase a "Pint Card" for $5. This has an additional four 4 oz pours on that can go towards the size sample of your choice.

You can keep buying as many pint cards as you want. Limited basically means if you are falling down drunk you won't be given any more samples. I don't think this will be an issue.

This year's festival was AMAZING! We sold just under 2000 tickets for presale and sold the rest of the 1000 tickets within 2 hours of opening the gates, unfortunately turning away about 1000 more people.

Next year be sure to get your tickets early, thanks to those who made it!

Sorry Josh and I couldn't make it, but we also had a great day for mother-in-law's 90th bday surprise party. And the neighbors loved the home brew, even the one that I don't feel turned out great :) Some folks are easy to please.

Hope we can make it to help you next year.

Sheldon

THis may be doable but do you think a new thread since it's a new year would be the right thing to do?

Back