What became of the Lobuck Challenge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoatFarmersInternational

Reaction score
I'm just sort of curious because somebody mentioned it in the "college kids" hooch thread. Did anything ever pan out? Did it just sort of lose steam and go away?

I did a search, and found the original threads, but nothing too recent. I thought that it was a sort of fun idea, even if it wasn't a real competition and was maybe a bit ridiculous.

orfy said:
I think the member who started had a lot on his plate at the time.

Yeah, I certainly got that sense. Just sort of wondered if anybody made any interesting recipes or had any successes. I also wasn't sure if it happened and I just missed it.

I'd be up for doing it. Still think it'd be fun... Just don't think I've been seeing much in the way of enthusiasm. It still crosses my mind from time to time...

It crosses my mind all the time. I'm not really sure if I would participate or not (I hardly have the time to brew as it is) but I was hoping to hear about a bunch of bizarre recipes using feed-store millet and so forth. I'm surprised about the lack of enthusiasm; people seemed so into it a few months back. Must have been a little wintertime cabin fever.

Back