Limited Time Dilemma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beersteiner2345

Reaction score
So I brewed one batch on 4/23 (ESB) and another on 4/26 (Heffweissbier).

I am brewing these for a party to take place on 5/28.

My plan is to bottle the Weiss on 5/10 (give it two weeks in primary) and the ESB on 5/11 (giving it 18 days in primary). This will give us 18 days in bottle for the Weiss and 17 for the ESB.

My question is should I bottle earlier than this to give more bottle conditioning time, bottle later to give more primary time, or right where I have it planned?

The ESB fermented a little hot for the first 18 hours, so I wanted to let it sit in primary longer to clean it up.

The ESB is sitting at 1.018 (was 1.020 a week ago) and the Weiss is sitting at 1.016 for the first reading (after 1 week).

Thoughts?

I am wondering if the fermentation stalled in the ESB, but I don't think so... but wondering if I should repitch while I still have a week planned in primary, or if will level out. FG of both beers should be 1.011...

I think your current plan will be fine - a couple of weeks in primary and a couple in the bottle will yield you some decent beer. You'll also want to factor in a couple of days for chilling.

Yeah, I was thinking I would start chilling them all starting on 5/24... that way I can sample some before the party... you know, for quality control purposes and such. ;)

Back