Kegerator Installation & Integration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that unit meant to be under-counter?
The reason some are rated for under-counter use is the fridge vents from the bottom, not the rear like ordinary refrigerators.
You will have a lot of heat build-up in the rear of that unit and eventual compressor failure unless vented properly.

Nice work! Wish I could install one like that, but for some reason I dont think SWMBO would like me messing with HER kitchen!

Nice work! Wish I could install one like that, but for some reason I dont think SWMBO would like me messing with HER kitchen!

Thanks...yah I don't plan on getting married or having my girlfriend move in anytime soon so I could enjoy this for a while :) She still isn't too fond of my homebrewing though...she probably thinks it automatically means I'm going to turn into an alcoholic or something.

Is that unit meant to be under-counter?
The reason some are rated for under-counter use is the fridge vents from the bottom, not the rear like ordinary refrigerators.
You will have a lot of heat build-up in the rear of that unit and eventual compressor failure unless vented properly.

I looked into that very issue before installation. An HVAC tech (neighbor) in my building took a look and told me as long as I have a few inches in the back, and it's not directly up against the wall, I'll have sufficient space for it to "escape" and be okay. He also suggested I back out the big fridge a bit more to give it extra escape room from the side, since nothing is up against the kegerator on the left.

Nice! With all that work how hard would it be to cut a 4" square hole in the bottom side of the cabinet to the right and install a computer fan to pull the cooler air from the adjacent cabinet and blow the hotter air across the compressor and out past the full size fridge?

nice, i hope your going to install a tower cooler or your going to have some warm pours. also my haier ran like crap until i installed a circulation fan inside.

Back