New Magazine? Draft?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinder12000

Reaction score
Anybody subscribe to this mag?

It's Called Draft - Life on Tap. They have a promo - buy one year get a friend a free Subscription.

I actually got something in the mail from them and also had the latest issue in a package from B3. I did subscribe for a year. We'll see ;-)

There's a very interesting article in the recent issue debunking popular myths regarding IPA.

I don't subscribe, but will thumb through a copy when I see it in the bookstore.

There was a discussion about it maybe two weeks ago. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/draft-magazine-142851/

I wasn't too impressed, it's sorta the GQ of beer culture....a good gateway for someone steppign beyond bmc, and fodder for those kinda pseudo beersnobs that we post threads about how annoying they are, but to us who brew, read other magazines and beersites, it's pretty so-so.

About a year ago, they offered a free subscription so I subscribed. I think I got my last issue, but I'm not renewing.

It's ok. It's pretty, glossy, and nice to look at. There are a few articles of substance in it. It's a bit too upscale for me. Kind of like "Bon Apetite" for food. Very nice, but not something that is practical in my day to day life. For free, I enjoyed it. But not enough to pay for it.

They were giving away free copies at the GABF. It is kinda like the GQ or FHM of Beer Culture. I think I will stick with Zymurgy and BYO

I'd split a sub with someone, but that is as far as I'd go to pay money for it. If I was bored, I'd probably pick up an issue, but as nice as it looks, it lacks HOMEBREW info.

I'd be interested in the IPA article. I've read a few short things about the myths, and their points seem to make sense.

I like the nice photos mostly. It's something I'd leave laying around the house for people to notice and look at. Maybe take to the dentist office and leave for the BMC people to browse.

I'd be interested in the IPA article. I've read a few short things about the myths, and their points seem to make sense.

Oops, it wasn't Draft magazine that had the article! I'm trying to think which pub did.

As others mentioned in the other thread, they just sent some issues out a while back. I was about as impressed as everyone else.

I also got the recent subscription offer in the mail. On their mock cover, the stories were all that "Top 20" and "Top 5" sort of fluff that does not interest me in the least.

TL

I'm in the interesting position of knowing several of the people behind that magazine and many of those the write for it, yet I AM NOT subscribed to it.

It's really not targeted at us. It's targeted at those who might aspire to be us ;)

One of the people at the mag broke it down as beer and:

It's beer and music
beer and appetizers
beer and cigars
beer and trips to Negril
beer and (insert trend)

That said, I'll review it again for subscription because of the current deal.

I'm in the interesting position of knowing several of the people behind that magazine and many of those the write for it, yet I AM NOT subscribed to it.

It's really not targeted at us. It's targeted at those who might aspire to be us ;)

One of the people at the mag broke it down as beer and:

It's beer and music
beer and appetizers
beer and cigars
beer and trips to Negril
beer and (insert trend)

That said, I'll review it again for subscription because of the current deal.

Great summation of Draft. I got it free for a year. I looked forward to new issues arriving and there was certainly some interesting content (I especially enjoyed the numerous commercial beer reviews that they have in each issue), but I did not renew.

OK - it seem to me to look like a Cigar Magazine I always see and as olllllo said LOOKED like a

It's beer and music
beer and appetizers
beer and cigars
beer and trips to Negril

mag - thanks for confirming

I saw a mag about Guitars that looked just like Draft. I think it was like guitars and cigars or something. I think they'll make a mag like this for practically anything.

I got the card in the mail yesterday. I still might try it for a year as I can get the subscription for $18 and pass on a free year to someone else. If I do, I'll be soliciting for someone to share with (and I'll even pay for the whole thing).

Back