Two Brothers' "For the Love of Hops!" Fest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhoobarb

Reaction score
Just saw this on their website. It is the same day as my stepson's 20th birthday, so it's iffy as to whether I can go or not. If there is any possible way to go, I'll be there!
http://tinyurl.com/curuea

Two Brothers' "For the Love of Hops!"

A day long beer and music festival

centered around the 2009 release of

Hop Juice Double IPA.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

The Facts:

Who: Everyone is invited.

Price: Free Admission

Where: The Two Brothers Tap House and Brewery Parking Lot

Click here for a map

When: June 6th, 12pm - 11pm.

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Besides the chance to drink the 2009 Hop Juice on draft and have first crack at buying bottles of it to go (IF anything is left we will ship it to the stores the following week), there is plenty to do.

We have 4 bands lined up to play music all day long. We have signed them and I will be posting their names this week.

Chef Tommy and his staff will be cooking up some great food (including veggie options) all day.

Want to show the brewers they are just regular guys? Stop by the dunk tank, support a great charity, and dunk the brewers.

We are amassing a guest beer list that will blow all craft beer lovers minds. We have called on a number of our friends from all over the country to send us beers. These are beers that can't be found (maybe ever) in Chicago.

We have the first guest beer. It is:

Fedelta - Allagash Brewing Company, Portland ME.

I hear that... I have more projects than I have time left on this earth. So screw it... let's go drinking!

My wife and I will 100% be there.

Saw that they are securing a bunch of special guest beers that we can't normally get in Chicago as well. Awesome.

First two are confirmed:

Fedelta (collaboration brew with De Struise)- Allagash Brewing Company, Portland ME.

Voltron (blend of 5 barrel aged Brett beers)-Avery Brewing Company, Boulder CO.

Gonna be a good day!

Wow!

Guest beer #3:
Stone 07.07.07 Vertical Epic Ale aged in Red Wine Barrels.

Since we're a little over a week away from this I figured it could use a bump. This is really shaping up quite nicely.

2009 Hop Juice Release Party...and it seems that they might be serving some from barrels.

Guest taps include:
Fedelta (collaboration brew with De Struise) - Allagash Brewing Company, Portland ME.
Voltron (blend of 5 barrel aged Brett beers) -Avery Brewing Company, Boulder CO.
Stone 07.07.07 Vertical Epic Ale aged in red wine barrels - Stone Brewing, Escondido, CA.
Crazy Ivan - Bear Republic Brewing Company, Healdsburg, CA
Palo Santo (wood aged Brown Ale) - Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Milton, DE
Tovarish Imperial Stout - Pizza Port Brewpub, Solana Beach, CA
Ska Barrel Aged Strong Scotch Ale - Ska Brewing Co., Durango, CO
Darkness - Russian Imperial Stout - Surly Brewing Co., Brooklyn Center, MN

I'll be out there with the wife and a few friends for sure, anyone else planning on going?

It seems I might be the only one here going, but I'll keep bumping nontheless... looks like the guest beer list is now final. I'm sure I'll be trying the 2009 Hop Juice and hoping they'll still have their Outlaw IPA on tap.

guest brews:
Parabola Imperial Stout - Firestone Walker
Fedelta (collaboration brew with De Struise) - Allagash Brewing Company, Portland ME.
Voltron (blend of 5 barrel aged Brett beers) -Avery Brewing Company, Boulder CO.
Stone 07.07.07 Vertical Epic Ale aged in red wine barrels - Stone Brewing, Escondido, CA.
Crazy Ivan - Bear Republic Brewing Company, Healdsburg, CA
Palo Santo (wood aged Brown Ale) - Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Milton, DE
Tovarish Imperial Stout - Pizza Port Brewpub, Solana Beach, CA
Ska Barrel Aged Strong Scotch Ale - Ska Brewing Co., Durango, CO
Darkness - Russian Imperial Stout - Surly Brewing Co., Brooklyn Center, MN

Back