First batch just bottled - not as bad as I thought

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMama

Reaction score
Well, I just finished cleaning up from my very first bottling of my very first brew. (English Brown Ale - in the primary for 3 weeks) I went by the LHBS and picked up 3 cases of 22oz bottles (plus another carboy, wine thief, tubing and of course a couple more airlocks) :cross:

I took my sample to get a hydro reading (and yes I had to come here to reverify that my FG was on) At any rate, this was the very first time that this new brew would touch my lips. I was nervous... But lo and behold it tasted like beer! Not only that, I could almost taste the 'potential' of this brew. It was almost surreal - my adrenaline was pumping and I was really excited at this point!

So I got twenty 22oz bottles done up and capped. My daughter was a really huge help in this process. She handed me the sanitized bottles and cranked down on the bottle capper for me.

Now the wait comes for them to condition in the bottles :) Im thinking the time my other batch goes into the secondary Ill crack one. I can also see the huge appeal of kegging - if I could have that on tap at ALL TIMES without having to pry the top off of a bottle...
And I dont even drink that much... :)
-Me

Congrats, be patient with the bottle conditioning. I'd crack one at 1 week, 2 weeks, and 3 weeks. It is cool cause you can tell the difference a week makes.

Oh god...now we have to put up with three more weeks of your incessent fixation on this beer as it bottle conditions and carbs...at least we won't have to wallow through another thread on this brew until then....Unless you decide to give us a weekly up date on the non-activity. :D

Psych!!!!:tank:

CONGRATS, my friend :mug:

Oh god...now we have to put up with three more weeks of your incessent fixation on this beer as it bottle conditions and carbs...at least we won't have to wallow through another thread on this brew until then....Unless you decide to give us a weekly up date on the non-activity. :D

Psych!!!!:tank:

CONGRATS, my friend :mug:

On no... Ive got another brew in the closet that I just got to put the airlock back on. I so cant wait for that one - that one really marks a milestone as it covered so many 'new' things that I will do from here out. I see how easily it can be to get sucked into doing AG. Oh boy...
I need to start thinking of how Im going to swing this to the SWMBO. ;)
Thanks
-Me

I find the best way to do that is a little sneaky bit at a time.... Ooops...did I say that out loud?????

Latest posts

Back