Great Reviews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B'sPointPlacePorter

Reaction score
Last night I took my Brewers Best Red Ale to my nieces 6th b-day party. I know, what I am doing taking beer to a children's party. We adults gotta have something to do, right? Everyone who took part loved it. The best response was from a friend of ours from Germany who is very skeptical of homebrew. He, and his wife loved it! He made a point of complimenting me several times. It feels great seeing people enjoy your work.

Another great offshoot from the success of my brew is that I am getting people interested in taking up the hobby. My brother-in-law sounds like he is getting pretty serious about taking the plunge. He is one of those guys that thinks bud light is beer, but the more of my brews he has the more he realizes how much better beer can be. Another one of my friends has all the equipment needed, but has only made one batch about three years ago. He loves the beer I make and has renewed interest in the art.

Getting a couple more guys into the brewing would be fantastic. More homebrew to go around. Different tastes in beer will bring different brews, and most importantly, more of it!

Cheers

:mug:

Congratulations on the props. It's a great feeling when people really like something you made.:mug:

I can't wait to get a few more brews under my belt, before I start giving samples, and hopefully receiving props. The closest I've got so far is SWMBO has decided (after drinking a case) that my apple cider does actually grow on you, and she kind of likes it now.:D

And good job recruiting more brewers.

Cool! I was REALLY temped to bring along a couple growlers to a party yesterday (3 year olds), but decided against it... :D

Probably not good for Daddy to get liquored up at 11:00AM... :drunk:

The guy who lives next door to me called last night to tell me he loved my sweet stout. I gave him a 16ouncer a few weeks back (He gave me a bunch of 16 ounce pilsen fliptops.) I told him to sit on the beer for a couple more weeks before drinking it. So after storing it for a couple weeks he chilled it a drank it last night. While he was yakking on the phone to me, I grabbed one of my chilled orange ginger dortmunders that had just come online and walked next door and told him to open up.

He loved that one too! It's a compliment because I know he's not a BMC'er. Whenever he travels he brings me a bottle of something regional AND he also leaves me his empties (He's the building super so he has a key, and every few days he'll leave me some empty fliptops on my dining room table.)

That's awsome...My big unveiling will be next weekend, I have been sampling at different stages, but as the Brewmeister:) , you always seem to be a little partial.

yikes, good thing your cool with your super, something tell me my landlord wouldnt like what they found if they walked around my apartment too long
:fro:

Back